• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cats Meow Jamboree, April, 2015

j farm

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and I we'll be making the trip from California . Now I need to decide on which Tucker to bring.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
good good good, to have you two coming, it is a good problem too have, which tucker should i drive today, see ya at the jamboree thanks jinn

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
To all jamboree attendees, have a question for the group, would you like to see a roster/spotters guide for all the cats that attend, what I am thinking is to have a photo of your machine with a history, like, how long, you have had cat fever, where you found it, specs of the machine, etc etc etc, half page, to a page would be great, this would all be compiled into a booklet and handed out to you when you arrive. this would be a freebie. let me know your thoughts, and thanks jinn

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it would be exponentially useful.

Maybe your forum handle name and real name to put to the face? Home location. What you use it for? Mods?

Great idea.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the roster/spotters guide to sno-cats would be only for those that attend the jamboree. i would plan to have each person email me with a glam picture of the cat and their story/history ( i know that a lot of you guys have a great sense of humor and write quite well, which will make this a fun read along with be very informational ), i would put this all together and have ready for when you arrive at the jamboree, this works really works well if everyone attending sends in the info, thanks to all

glacierparkbus

jinn m davis

portland oregon

email; thomas40white@aol.com

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I called my reservations in today. the gal said 8 rooms are already reserved .

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife is booking us this week so there will be at least 9 rooms booked and we are very excited.

Anyone have experience with Alaska Air? We are generally JetBlue or Soutwest travelers but Alaska has a direct from Boston. Not familiar with the area and we are traveling with a 3 year old and ski gear so here is what I am thinking let me know what you think.

Wed. Fly out Boston to Portland stay.
Thurs. Checkout Portland stay.
Friday. Rent vehicle drive up to timberline play and stay
Saturday. play and stay
Sunday- Drive back to portland fly home.

Sounds easy in my head. If there was a way to fit a stop by Tuckerville in here some how that would be awesome!

Comments wanted:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
from what I understand the area roped off to us is a no ski area.
lets hope for lots of spring snow.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife is booking us this week so there will be at least 9 rooms booked and we are very excited.

Anyone have experience with Alaska Air? We are generally JetBlue or Soutwest travelers but Alaska has a direct from Boston. Not familiar with the area and we are traveling with a 3 year old and ski gear so here is what I am thinking let me know what you think.

Saturday. play and stay

Sounds easy in my head. If there was a way to fit a stop by Tuckerville in here some how that would be awesome!

Comments wanted:
Alaska is good way to go, sure glad you are able to come! jinn

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
an open invitation to all that will be coming though Portland on thursday on the way to timberline; I will open tuckerville in the morning for a open house thing and will do a BBQ for lunch and leave for timberline by 2 pm, only an hour away, be up to the lodge no later than 4 pm., if interested, leave me know so i can plan.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Saturday. play and stay

Comments wanted:

YES! I fly Alaska Air every 3 weeks,... for the last 21 years, and I take the Boston to SEattle flight all the time, it is very reasonably priced. I don't know if they have a direct from Portland to Boston, but if they don't, the 'hop' from portland to seattle is no big deal and is probably available on an hourly basis.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
IF by "Tuckerville" you are referring to the Tucker Plant, in Medford:
First off it's a fairly long drive from Portland, and second, they are not open weekends, and they want you to set up an appointment. Just a "Heads-up". As of the last ime I was there they didn't actually have a "Museum" that was open to the public. Unless that has changed.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Correction: "Tuckerville"
My mistake, I see that is a reference to Jinn & Scott's collection, not Medford.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
wished I had the time and money I would liker to cross the range and run over and see Allens Krustyville to. maybe like them rare Artisians I might see a krusty moving under it's own power.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
scott and i will be posting a schedule of events in the next week or so, we finalizing several things for the jamboree, thank you to all and we look forward to meeting each of you and know this will be a very special event at Timberline Lodge, jinn

vintagebike

Maybe there is one of these stashed up at Tuckerville/Portland??? I plan on bringing one or two of our Idaho Cats next year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 265

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
this is great!! the number of rooms already reserved is impressive and thanks too all, schedule and things happening info coming very soon stay tuned. thanks jinn