• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Return question

jwstewar

Monica bought a Pandora bracelet on ebay. The seller correctly stated the size and everything. Monica "assumed" it would fit her. When it came it was too small. We measured it, it was exactly what the seller stated it was. Clearly Monica's fault. Not feeling like it was the seller's responsibility, we didn't ask for a refund. Monica relisted it on ebay with the exact specs the previous seller had listed. She also included the fact that she bought it, but it was too small and sold it so she could get one to fit her.

She gets a couple of bids and it sells for a few dollars more than she paid. This morning she received a message from the buyer wanting to know if she would take it back. The buyer offered to pay return postage and such. Monica didn't state no returns and didn't say anything about restocking fees. But we will incur additional e-bay charges for relisting.

What do you think we should do? Keep in mind, that we aren't "professional" ebayers and just sell a few odds-n-ends to get rid of them.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Caveat Emptor.

I wouldn't take it back. You didn't say you wouldn't, but you also didn't say you would.

If you misrepresented, I'd consider taking it back but otherwise, no.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
why do they want to send it back?
Since you didn't specify returns or not and you're already out the listing fee this time, if you opt to take the return, I would tell them you need a relisting fee to cover that loss on your end.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I think Eric has it. Unless ebay has a policy that says you must accept returns, you are under no obligation to take it back. If you are willing and they are willing to repay your insertion fee and shipping, then fine. Otherwise, they can relist it s you did.

jwstewar

why do they want to send it back?

Because it is too small for her as well.

Monica doesn't want to take it back. She doesn't want to have to deal with relisting it. Just trying to figure out how to tell her in a nice way.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim,
I talked with Phyl who sells a lot on eBay, she has a store there. She would accept the return at the selling price only (no refunds on original shipping) if the buyer paid the return shipping costs. But keep in mind, she does this as a business and can't afford any negative feedback. Any negative feedback costs her in listing and transaction fees. It will knock her out of the Power Sellers group.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Because it is too small for her as well.

Monica doesn't want to take it back. She doesn't want to have to deal with relisting it. Just trying to figure out how to tell her in a nice way.
I'm sorry then, i would have to say no to the return.
you listed it as being smaller than expected, it's not your fault it ended up smaller than they expected as well.

jwstewar

Seems like it is going to turn out OK. Monica sent her a real nice message that she wouldn't take it back. The lady sent a return message that she understood and would leave Monica positive feedback. She asked a couple of questions, so Monica sent her everything she knew about the bracelet to list it with. So all is well.