• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost another today

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Today we lost a 2 year old grey and white female cat. We raised this one from a kitten. Her mother, Lucky, came to us as a pregnant rescue, and we just let it happen. Princess was a real sweetie. She would seem to pose for photos, and even wanted to play with Spike. She was a real heartwarmer.
The vet said that she may have been poisoned, but most likely was a disease. This morning, she was in real bad shape, but she wanted to go outside. I didn't want her out since we were taking her to the vet. Looking back, I think she knew she was dieing, and just wanted to go off by herself. I've found cats do that at times. Well we got to the vet, and he gave us the news we should put her down. She almost died in my arms before they injected her. She'll be badly missed.

First two photos are her as a kitten playing with her brother
Last one is about 9 months ago

Attachments

• KittenaRanger 002 (Small).jpg
    KittenaRanger 002 (Small).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Pic057 (Small).JPG
    Pic057 (Small).JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Pic269 (Small).JPG
    Pic269 (Small).JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 176

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Sorry to hear of your loss..... it is always hard to loose a pet, but especially difficult when they are so young....... You and your family are in my thoughts....... Junk.....

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It amazes me the way people become so attached to their animals .To many they are like part of the family . The loyalty they display is incredible . More than once, my pets have kept me from getting serverely hurt . They just seem to sense when something is amiss or your hurtin inside . I have had 3 dogs that "stand out" above are others I have owned . "Hobie" ,a german shepard/husky cross . "Russell J. Jahoseafats" ( rusty), a pure bread Chocolate Chessy. And ole "Chip" a AKC springer that was adopted after a good friend was killed .
"Chip" seems to be the smartest of the group and is smart . Too smart . I have lost a good many auguments with that dog ! He plays a mean game of Chess, but I think he cheats . He is 12 now and slowing down a lot . I won't replace him when his time comes . He is one of a kind .
Sorry to hear about your pet .
Allen

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Guys; Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. Every year we lose one, sometimes two critters. Our local vet is very good to us, since they know we rescue our four legged people. After all this time, it's still hard to lose one of them. Each one seems to touch you in their very own way. Each one is truly an individual. Thanks again guys.:tiphat::beer::beer:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
So sorry to hear your sad news. Some people say "It's only a cat/dog", all I can say to them is that they are the ones missing out - animals ARE part of the family and it IS losing a family member, with all the grieving that goes with it. You just have to remember all the love and fun you had with the departed one when they were alive.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Boy this post surely hit home today. Early this morning around 1AM my son woke me saying "Come here quick, somethings wrong". It was our dog Buddy in the middle of a seizure on the bathroom floor. There was urine everywhere, his saliva all over him and blood on the rug from him biting his tongue. Once he stabilized we got him to an all night vet hospital for a checkup. This is the first episode to my knowlege, but who knows. We need to watch him and log all further events and see where we go from there. Thankfully he seems ok this morning.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
What a cutie! Reminds me of our two (the first picture). Ours will turn 10 this year and I know when we loose one of them I will be crushed. Cats (and dogs) have a way of becomming more than just a friend.

I can't explain it. Mine on on "The Boys" page of my website.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
OhioTC18 said:
. We need to watch him and log all further events and see where we go from there. Thankfully he seems ok this morning.

Jerry; How's Buddy doing?:tiphat::beer:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Ice and Av8r; You guys are right, they do become more than a friend and a part of the family. Right now, I've got my 16 year old Lab, Suzie, that is suffering from confusion. When she stops eating, we'll know it's her time. Cats and dogs just don't live long enough. One thing about them, no matter what kind of day you've had, they're always glad to see you when you get home. Can brighten up a dark day for sure.

Nice website Av! Al looks a lot like Princess's mother.

:tiphat::beer::beer:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
John, I have several pics that look very similar to your first one. Alex (my calico) and Zak (the black shorthair) playing and 'fighting' as kittens. I was never a cat person until we got them, now I could never see myself without at least two.

(They work better in pairs and allow you to sleep at night. :eek: )

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Man, that's the truth! I never disliked any animal except for camels, that's another story. I'd never been around cats up till about ten years ago. I met Jan, and that was the end of that. Each one is a complete individual unto itself. Their ingenuity amazes me. We just rescued two more yesterday. A black and a grey tiger, both sisters. We got them from my MIL, who could no longer keep them properly. Jan and I originally rescued them elsewhere as kittens, and gave them to my MIL. Now they're about 2 years old, still being kittens too. Here's a photo of Lucky, she's Princess's mother.:tiphat::beer:

Attachments

• Pic295 (Small).JPG
    Pic295 (Small).JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 136

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
johnday said:
Jerry; How's Buddy doing?:tiphat::beer:

So far today was uneventful which is good. We need to just watch him and log any more events which will help determine what course of action to take. It seems to be rather common for some breeds.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
That's good. A dog in a siezure is not nice thing to see. Keep us posted, OK?:thumb::tiphat::beer:

JimR

Charter Member
Sorry to hear about your cat John. Both cats and dogs will head for the woods when they know their time is up.