• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol Trackmaster for sale

weatherby

Yes, it's the cold weather package access. Here is a partial photo of one still intact. They were usually stripped from the rigs when passing to private hands.

From my info it appears that roughly 70% have the access hole but not all.

Thanks Mainer for that Info. I kinda thought that a few did not have the access hole, but have no idea why.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I think it was whenever there was a Friday run done at the factory...beers at lunch do all sorts of creative things to quality control. ;)

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Without getting into detail, based on forum member feedback, this cat should be inspected *in person* prior to purchase.

socal4t12

I spoke with the owner the other day. yes,,,,,i was trying to get some pics and measurements for mine! he told me that someone was coming by to buy it,,,,it might be gone to a new home by now.

if the new owner is here,,,give us a shout. i promise i wont bother you toooo much for info.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
If anyone is curious...the rig was originally purchased for $1500.
A partial list of problem'd areas that have been identified but there's enough stuff wrong that makes the work done to it maybe $2500 in total... it's a $4-5K rig, max.

bkvail

ah, she has lots of lipstick and makeup on then huh? Bummer! Doesn't it have new track belting? That alone has got to be worth some bucks.... (not 13K worth tho). I can't imagine all the work into rebuilding tracks!

Karin

bkvail

Yea, usually when people upgrade to a 300 engine they throw in the auto while they're at it... really relaxing ... but then... is so much pleasure still legal??????? :clap::brows::biggrin::yum:

Brian and I were just saying on our trip out in the cat on Sunday how SO GLAD we were that he put an auto tranny in it (and the addition of the transfer case was great too!). The Imp we went with has a 4 and 3 speed manuals - I can't imagine having to use a stick shift on some of the slopes we were on......

Also one of the changes Brian has made - last year he had a master cylinder go out on the left side (front one) - and he replaced it with one that pushes more fluid - the steering is WAY easier on that side I guess - and he has another ordered for the right side now, even though the right side still works, the one that pushes more fluid just made it that much easier to drive...... I think I'm gonna talk him into repainting her this summer...... she's getting dialed in and she deserves 'new clothes'! And I am definitely replacing that passenger seat (it's still original and NOT comfy!) We have a seat from a big truck in the shop - I think that's going in there :)
~Karin~

tomelroy

if only they would have put a few dvd monitors, a stereo, some speakers and armoralled the seats....20K +

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well.......I just scanned the entire list and didn't see this cat anywhere on it. I figured with such a high quality cat, we might see it roll across the the austion block this weekend at Barrett-Jackson.:yum:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Lol, How much you want to bet she goes back up on Ebay with a message saying, "no dead beat bidders" or something like that. No way someone is going to dish out that kind of money for such a POS. Lets just hope they see it before they hire someone to pick it up!

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Soooo--wwww--eeeeee ! swee! swee! sweeeeeeee!

Spotted again! Surprise...no takers to date! :yum:

Let's see that history again... several weeks of craiglist...several ebay postings...oh and a sell, right? Uhh-huuuh... hmmmm....

http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6904805&GUID=DB0159C274C748FA953F0998D2B2DA38

Somebody gonna get it for a song soon... I believe it was $1500 + work/materials... heck may be worth a fair $4500 given most of the cosmetic work needs a redo.. tracks are cool with the angle cuts. :clap::whistling:

Attachments

• ze_little_piglet1.jpg
    ze_little_piglet1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 189
  • ze_little_piglet2.jpg
    ze_little_piglet2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 186

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang it. Drove right by that sucker on Thursday and missed it. Making a second pass by there in a couple of days. Maybe I can convince them that it really is junk and offer to haul it away for them. Then I could use it as a shed for my Kristi lube and cleaning supplies. :thumb:

Last edited:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Once you pick it up, I'll buy the Walmart cup-holders inside... or maybe those 'oh-shite' bars on the side. ;)
Naw, I'm sure it ain't a nightmare... like I said.... if you can pick it up cheap... it's certainly worth half but when you compare what you paid for your 601... well... come on naw... this guy is trying to take a stroll on the wild side to the bank. He didn't even replace the reams of broken backer bars when he had the tracks apart! OMG!!!!

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So what major problems does this thing have? From the pictures it doesn't look that bad for $8500. What with new tracks, tires, paint, glass, and a straight body it seems like they're in the ballpark unless the drive system is totally shot. Not too long ago I saw a 601 here in Colorado go for $8500 and it was a mess. The whole front end from the top of the windshield frame down had been rebuilt so it was missing the mirrors, APU, data placard, headlight guards, and the radiator hatch was way goofey. Plus it needed track rubber, tires, paint, some glass, a bunch of interior work, had significant roof dents, and the shifter was swimming in the transmission. Then add the cost of shipping one of these things couple thousand miles to get it to the northeast. So I dono. What is the value of 601/Trackmasters?

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
OK, gotta ask - know where they got the stickers?

Karin

The stickers are original.... he masked that area off and painted around it.
One of the members is having stickers made up.