• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

So tired of Chinese crap.

Bannedjoe

I had to rebuild the rear brakes on my '95 F250.
I called ahead, O'reilly's had all the pieces and parts in stock, including the wheel cylinders.
Bear in mind, this is 100 mile round trip.

I paid a friend who's a pretty good mechanic to assist me.

WE drove to town, got the parts, then went to the junkyard to harvest an unbent brake backing plate.
We got home and started the next morning.

We tore it all down and put it all back together.
When we went to bleed the brakes, one of the new cylinders had zero flow.
Fluid all the way up to the end of the brake line, but the cylinder wouldn't have anything to do with it.

The only thing that had anything to do with it, is what I saw printed on the side of the box.

"MADE IN CHINA"

Another 100 miles...................

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I feel your pain. Last fall I rebuilt the front brakes on my FX/4. New everything. This spring as I was getting out of my truck I could smell something hot. Sure enough, the left front caliper was dragging and overheated and discolored the rotor.

Now mind you, these are new calipers, not remanufactured and they were not cheap. I did manage to get another caliper for no charge under warranty, but I was on my own for the rotor and ceramic pads and my time doing it all again.

I have no use for China and their shit.

Bannedjoe

I have no use for China and their shit.

Until, unfortunately, we have zero choice.

So now I guess from now on when you buy brake cylinders, master cylinders or whatever, one must take the time to unpackage and blow through the damn thing first.

I'm still having large issues adapting to this new world.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I had to rebuild the rear brakes on my '95 F250.
I called ahead, O'reilly's had all the pieces and parts in stock, including the wheel cylinders.
Bear in mind, this is 100 mile round trip.

I paid a friend who's a pretty good mechanic to assist me.

WE drove to town, got the parts, then went to the junkyard to harvest an unbent brake backing plate.
We got home and started the next morning.

We tore it all down and put it all back together.
When we went to bleed the brakes, one of the new cylinders had zero flow.
Fluid all the way up to the end of the brake line, but the cylinder wouldn't have anything to do with it.

The only thing that had anything to do with it, is what I saw printed on the side of the box.

"MADE IN CHINA"

Another 100 miles...................

We are doing it to our selfs and I have participating too. Anytime people could just stop buying the shit and buy American. Even during the worst recession people could turn the tide and put their neighbor back to work but the lure of the cheap crap pulls us in. Your not really saving money because the quality is poor and will need to be replaced sooner and your sending your job where it came from but we still do it. My new motto ( buy American support your neighbor not a communist) Marty

Bannedjoe

We are doing it to our selfs and I have participating too. Anytime people could just stop buying the shit and buy American. Even during the worst recession people could turn the tide and put their neighbor back to work but the lure of the cheap crap pulls us in. Your not really saving money because the quality is poor and will need to be replaced sooner and your sending your job where it came from but we still do it. My new motto ( buy American support your neighbor not a communist) Marty

I sure try too.
I was so excited they had them in stock, I forgot to see where they were made. :(

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I would also like to add that shopping at Wall Mart is a hard thing to do if you care about American made. I have tried very hard to shop with my wallet for US made products. It is very hard to do with many items. I hope with the lack of China made products here, we see some US makers step up...

Regards, Kirk

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I would also like to add that shopping at Wall Mart is a hard thing to do if you care about American made. I have tried very hard to shop with my wallet for US made products. It is very hard to do with many items. I hope with the lack of China made products here, we see some US makers step up...

Regards, Kirk

100% agree its not easy to find made in America anymore. 6 months ago I bought a Milwaukee 41/2" grinder and put a wire wheel on it. When I tried to take it off I had to use a wrench and the little pin that holds it from spinning popped right off. I looked at the box MADE IN CHINA. WTF I took it back and got a Makita They even had to give me another wire wheel because they couldn't get it off either. Marty

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
100% agree its not easy to find made in America anymore. 6 months ago I bought a Milwaukee 41/2" grinder and put a wire wheel on it. When I tried to take it off I had to use a wrench and the little pin that holds it from spinning popped right off. I looked at the box MADE IN CHINA. WTF I took it back and got a Makita They even had to give me another wire wheel because they couldn't get it off either. Marty

Agreed. Especially in cordless tools, China is were most all are made. CE is the code of death for me, as it is the China equivalent to UL listed here, but in no way shape or form is it anything like the UL listings we relied on for decades. Now when I see CE on a tag, I just drop it and walk away.

Regards, Kirk

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Not defending chinese products, but I'm guessing when you screwed the wire wheel on you didn't snug it hand tight against the lock pin. When you hit the switch it had enough slack to slam it tight and that's why you nor they could get it loose.
Mike

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Not defending chinese products, but I'm guessing when you screwed the wire wheel on you didn't snug it hand tight against the lock pin. When you hit the switch it had enough slack to slam it tight and that's why you nor they could get it loose.
Mike

LOL I abused it the same way I do all my tools and it never happened before.:smileywac