• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New to me something or other Tucker???

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We needed more wood for beams, so we went to the bank and made a withdrawal.

Attachments

• Cat house beam log.jpg
    Cat house beam log.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCN3081.jpg
    DSCN3081.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCN3082.jpg
    DSCN3082.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 313

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Scott, what you treat your beams with where you put them in the ground? i see you also wrapped them.

The uprights were first burned with a torch, then I made aluminum condoms which are water tight, then pored concrete six foot deep, three foot diameter. I have had two feet of snow on the roof and one side slide off before the other. No snow outer edge came up 3/8 of an inch. Guess I coulda used penta but hard to find these days.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Nice to have a real stand of timber in the backyard !:biggrin: I think you might have a tendency to "OVER BUILD" !!!! Kinda like i do at times, except your workmanship is a lot better then mine, again "GREAT" work.:smile::smile: I have to make a bank withdrawal some time in my pine lot this fall or next spring. What length bar you got on that old stihl "36" ?

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Logga. Mr Snow drifter!
You mean and nasty logger type men
Destroying Bambi the deer "chippy the squirrel " and "Sam the wise old owl " home for your silly old shed! Shame on you!
Don't you know you can go tho Home Depot and get all the lumber you need without damaging the forest! If you don't believe me goggle it!

And o Scott I running low on my supply of organic Spotted Owl soup you have any you can spare?

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
[

And o Scott I running low on my supply of organic Spotted Owl soup you have any you can spare?[/QUOTE]

Sorry Steve, fresh out of Owl soup, wood you like to substitute Bald Eagle jerky?

PJL

I was thinking of a comment about how nice his wood is but I can't make it not sound wierd.

Those beams will last forever. Nice work.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
:biggrin::biggrin: Yup that would sound a bit strange !!!!! Steve ,back when i was logging, and running my gravel pit,i was also helping my friends at their 3 hydro-electric plants. I was almost eco-enemy no 1 !!!!! :clap::clap:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lobster trap (lobsta) bycatch here in Massachusetts is endangered whale.

The use of those LED lights are reducing mercury saving the Bald Eagle so that should cancel out some other animal. #America

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Finally got the shed done!!!! now i got to get everything stored inside ! Scott not as pretty as yours but its a roof !!:wink::wink:

original.jpg

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks great loggah, but there are no empty bays. Where will the next acquisition reside?

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Theres three rigs in there that dont really belong there !! i have to put 2 lombards,a lombard,engine, a linn engine, a passepartout, and another Tucker in it!!! It will be full and i still need more space !:sad::sad::sad::biggrin:

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Just needs a snow trac Or two To make it really cool?:wow:
Now how can I photo shop that?:yum:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I guess you could put it on the roof ,being pulled by 8 reindeer !!!!!:biggrin: Trailbuilder,ya we will have to schedule a moving day sometime soon. If the machines are here you guys will have to come visit them. I know the wooden cabs and bodies will like being under a roof for a change !:biggrin: