• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Track party / Washington state FSR 6710

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks for everyones support on this jamboree. We had the town talking about us.
after a wounderful lunch some of us made a run to the top.
DSC00320.jpg
Later the sun shined into the trees and put the tree shadows on the fog.
jamboree027treeshadow2.jpg

nikos

hey Guys
I wish ........
I wish the best for the next jamboree 2014.
It's too far away..............from Hellas.
Jim
It's the same clouds of fog that settles around my town for several days in the winter season. Looks like a sea, and the mountains as islands.
It is a temperature inversion phenomenon due to changes in the barometric atmospheric temperature.
The sun is shine on the mountains and in the city, the things are in a freezing.
Just get another one climate system the fog disappears.

Keep sending pics

Regards Nikos

Attachments

• dsc01128cd4.jpg
    dsc01128cd4.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 340

Nathan R

Is anyone out there intrested in trailering to Washington for a track party ? Forest service road 6710 cross street Old Cascade Highway Take US HWY 2 from Skykomish Wa, east or US HWY 2 west from Leavenworth Wa. Feb 24th~ Sunday the 26th . Lodging can be found in Skykomish Wa or Leavenworth Wa.

Just dosent seem to be very many people in my area that get their Thiokol or Tuckers out . What ever it is you have we would love to see you bring it out for a cruise . Let me know if there is any intrest .:unsure:

I take it got moved from February to January? I missed it, bummer.

Tye one on

The confusion seems to be that this thread was started for a track party in 2012, the dates for 2013 were January 25-27. Sorry for the confusion, we will start a completely new thread for 2014.

Nathan R

The confusion seems to be that this thread was started for a track party in 2012, the dates for 2013 were January 25-27. Sorry for the confusion, we will start a completely new thread for 2014.

No worries, sorry I missed you guys. This works out ok as hopefully I will have a working machine to join you all next year.

Tye one on

Track party 2013 was a great success and we all owe a big thanks to Marco (iron goat) for the idea and initiative to organize this event, this would not have happened without him. Thanks Marco. As for 2014 there is a new thread started for the planning and information about the event, WA state track party/snowcat jamboree 2014. The information will be updated there regarding the planning of the events and the needs for event day and possible trips prior to that day for preparation. We had a great turn out and if you missed it this year you make it a priority for next year. Thanks again Marco you did a wonderful job.

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a link to my photos from the Snowcat Jamboree on Google+. They're full resolution (i.e., large) and many are geotagged, so you can plot them on a map if you're so inclined. Grab copies of whatever you want as I'll delete them in a month or so to conserve space. Thanks for the fun adventure -- looking forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Ron

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a link to my photos from the Snowcat Jamboree on Google+. They're full resolution (i.e., large) and many are geotagged, so you can plot them on a map if you're so inclined. Grab copies of whatever you want as I'll delete them in a month or so to conserve space. Thanks for the fun adventure -- looking forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Ron

Ron ,
Fantastic photos so many different views to see ! Love those shots of the big tree cutting .

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Check out the thread on the snowcat jamboree 2014 . Excellent parking maintained roads to trailer on and excellent views snow catting to the top.
Enjoy the United States best organized outdoor snowcat event .

Leavenworth Washington offers the Northwest best winter time experience . Come experience Leaveanworth Washington and the Snow Cat Jamboree 2014.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Nikson, It's looking like you might need a Snow Trac to get there...:whistling:

Maybe your next project if you get to drive one....:brows: Sure like mine:biggrin:

Regards, Kirk

Kirk
Your welcome to use my trailer if you let me know ahead of time for the jamboree.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
I printed a few flyers and when I see a parked cat I slip one in the door.
maybe repost the flyer download??

Jim do you still have any of those flyers ??? We could tweek the dates on it and reuse it for the 2015 Snow Cat Jamboree. :unsure: Maybe The One On would put it on his Facebook page if he has time.:wow:

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd be coming from the Spokane/CDA area. No cat yet, I'm still in the research stages so seeing how different models do head-to-head in our snow conditions would be a plus. I'd have to beg for a ride with other members if I could make it over. Any empty seats available? :smile:

Did you ever decide on a cat yet ??

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Done. :thumb:

Sure sounds like a great time. I hope to see lots of pics on here showing the event from start to finish. :D :beer:

Doc,

That old event page where is it I want to copy and paste it to a word document and tweek the dates for this years event

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk-
Yeah your right...I've got to replace clutch, clutch slave, repair/replace the emergency brake cable, re-locate battery, hang a dozen replacement grousers and hopefully that's about it.

As for the Jamboree, I'm hoping to time it so that my brother and I can make the show. He has property in Sandpoint ID and wants to run BALTO up there....the terrain around my mining claims is more than the cat can handle (always above 10,000')....so I just acquired a dual axle car hauler trailer w/ electric brakes (just big enough for the cat)...then I got a '89 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup w/ rebuilt 350cu V8 turbo 400 auto 3-speed...so we have an outfit to haul with....I spoke with DAn (catservice) in Salt Lake and plan on a little rendezvous with him on the way up north.....would be good for me to have someone really knowledgeable drive it around and then I'd buy beers...lets see how it shakes out
cheers

Hope you guys can make it this year for the Snow Cat Jamboree in Leavenworth Jan 22~ through the 25th ??:whistling: