• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ST4B auction (Portland)

that works out to approx $25,000 CAD which may be a tad more than my previously utility company owned 1344 with 13++ hours may be worth - I know why but I don't fathom it

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
ST-4B's are rarer than the st4's, If you get snow and want to go over it, that is the machine.
I can provide the optional high speed gears that will allow that machine to travel at 20+ MPH sustained.

I know we are gawking at the price, but the real lunacy is the UTV market.

a 2-4 seat mid-high end UTV on tracks will set you back 29K and you don't get a heater for that money.

VT bobs st4b is around the midwest yet, porsche power, in excellent condition, You would not be able to buy that machine for the selling price of the Plumas one.

simple supply and demand.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Is that a record for a Snow Trac?

IIRC, MTNTOPPER had a ST4B (a very nice one ) it went north to Alaska to another member I believe, and sold for a very good price.(more than the auction price) it also was the FBI Rig used for searching for D.B. Cooper

Attachments

• 4D50962D-F378-4EFC-ABDA-F637CAE13424.jpeg
    4D50962D-F378-4EFC-ABDA-F637CAE13424.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 286

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I know we are gawking at the price, but the real lunacy is the UTV market.

a 2-4 seat mid-high end UTV on tracks will set you back 29K and you don't get a heater for that money.

Totally agree! A few years ago I bought a used Polaris Ranger 700 on tracks. The previous owner included all of the manuals, paperwork, etc and he paid over $31K for it, not including sales tax. It had a slew of options (including a heater!) and though it was in excellent condition with low hours and only about five years old, the depreciation the original owner suffered was staggering.

Taking it to the exact same place we take Tuckers, the performance in snow was completely underwhelming. Com-pletely!

Expensive, loud, short on capability... I'm at a loss to come up with any redeeming qualities.

DSC02364.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
they also have a tucker sled that was towed by the snow trac. original owner.

jask

Wow! that is a very nice original and well cared for Snow Trac.. 1968 and in great shape! one of the better unmolested dashboards I have seen. and even though those original cushions are torn up they would be great patterns. Hopefully "Junkman" will find his way here soon:thumbup:
The auxiliary blower is actually shown in the ST4B parts manual, however the hydraulic pump mount is not detailed in the snow roller accessory diagrams. I have some underhood pics somewhere of a groomer and believe the pump was hung on the bracket you can see below that pulley and shaft. The winch on the back is electric and you can actually see the power wires between the winch relay box and the hole into the cab.
That would be a awesome deep and dry powder machine but would not be my first choice in the trees or on tight trails with lots of turns and switchbacks.