• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Emmy Catastrophe: Ratings Crater 10 Percent to New All-Time Low

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
by JOHN NOLTE 18 Sep 2018

https://www.breitbart.com/big-holly...atings-crater-10-percent-to-new-all-time-low/

Ratings for Monday’s Emmy Award show collapsed by ten percent compared to 2017, which was already an all-time low.
According to the early numbers, the 70th Emmy Awards telecast on NBC sank with just a 7.4 household rating, a ten percent collapse compare to last year

The final numbers, which will include total viewers and various demographics, are expected to be released later on Tuesday.

It was believed the ratings could not get much worse than they were in 2017 when far-left comedian Stephen Colbert hosted. This year’s telecast was dominated by the far-left cast and producers of Saturday Night Live, but this only appears to have scared more people away.

Like everything else in the age of Trump, Saturday Night Live and all Hollywood award shows have become humorless, angry, partisan, divisive, and insulting to half of the American public.

As a result, almost all of these award shows have suffered record-low ratings.
Just last month, ratings for the MTV Video Awards collapsed to a record low.

In March, the Jimmy Kimmel-hosted Oscars sank by an incredible 16 percent, hitting an all-new record low.

The Grammys took a -20 percent dive in January to an all-time record low.

The Golden Globes, hosted by the anti-Trump Seth Myers, also took a dive, especially with younger viewers.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC. Follow his Facebook Page here.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
by JOHN NOLTE 18 Sep 2018

https://www.breitbart.com/big-holly...atings-crater-10-percent-to-new-all-time-low/

Ratings for Monday’s Emmy Award show collapsed by ten percent compared to 2017, which was already an all-time low.
According to the early numbers, the 70th Emmy Awards telecast on NBC sank with just a 7.4 household rating, a ten percent collapse compare to last year

The final numbers, which will include total viewers and various demographics, are expected to be released later on Tuesday.

It was believed the ratings could not get much worse than they were in 2017 when far-left comedian Stephen Colbert hosted. This year’s telecast was dominated by the far-left cast and producers of Saturday Night Live, but this only appears to have scared more people away.

Like everything else in the age of Trump, Saturday Night Live and all Hollywood award shows have become humorless, angry, partisan, divisive, and insulting to half of the American public.

As a result, almost all of these award shows have suffered record-low ratings.
Just last month, ratings for the MTV Video Awards collapsed to a record low.

In March, the Jimmy Kimmel-hosted Oscars sank by an incredible 16 percent, hitting an all-new record low.

The Grammys took a -20 percent dive in January to an all-time record low.

The Golden Globes, hosted by the anti-Trump Seth Myers, also took a dive, especially with younger viewers.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC. Follow his Facebook Page here.

Bottom line. TV today is boring. Mostly due to PC prevailing over content. Honeymooners, Jeffersons, Archie Bunker, even MASH could not exist today.

Even pro sports have become nothing more than PC exhibitions.

There are certainly other reasons. Smart phones consume a lot of time. People buy movies instead of meaningless awards shows. The winners, instead of saying I want to thank my mother and my producer, launch into diatribes bashing the President or border policy.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Bottom line. TV today is boring.

It is.
Aimee and I don't even have a TV in this apartment.
She watches stuff on her phone and iPad.
I do well with apps on my phone.
I cannot believe I used to pay for 100+ channels thru Spectrum at one point in my life
basically for background noise.