• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

pitched roof,into the wind or not?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am building a 10x12 shed with a sloping roof. It is in a spot that gets strong wind. Should I slope the roof into the prevailing wind?
Jim

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd put the slope down into the wind (lowest side of roof on the wind side). The other way around, it'll try and act like a sail.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd put the slope down into the wind (lowest side of roof on the wind side). The other way around, it'll try and act like a sail.

Ditto.

It will create a "low pressure" area on the leeward side of the shed which may cause some snow drifts on that said of the structure (but will be a few feet to a few yards away depending upon the size of the structure, winds, etc). Still, I believe it would be the best orientation for the integrity of the structure in a high wind situation.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That was what I was thinking ,snow isn't much of an issue. It rains most of the winter and it's 20ft in a tree.
Just an oversize treestand in two of my largest fir trees.
Thanks