• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Food poisoning

Dutch-NJ

Last month it was Ebola in spinach, then Taco Bell, now lettuce and Olive Garden. Ebola is a nasty disease and a painful death.

When are Americans going to stop being scared of Irradiation? Are any of us still afraid of Pasteurized milk?

We don’t mind x-rays, getting an MRI, or CT scan. How many people have died from a Micro Wave oven?

The medical profession uses Gamma rays for sterilization. Gamma rays are used for “screening” sea containers in our fight against terrorism. But Americans are afraid to use Gamma rays to purify our food.

That’s as irrational and illogical as not building nuclear power plants.

Do any of you guys remember the fight against fluoridating water claiming it was a Communist conspiracy? Now that people are drinking more and more unfluoridated “pure” bottled water, teeth decay is again on the rise. But the Communist's conspiracy is still alive and well and living to our LEFT.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
The spinach was contaminated with E.Coli, not Ebola.

They are two very very VERY different (first off, one's a bacteria, the other is a virus.)

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's the same with vaccinations. People don't want to get their kids vaccinated because they think some strange thing is going to happen to their kids. The cases of scientifically proven deaths from vaccinations is way lower than the death rates prior to vaccinations.

The same people that don't want to get vaccinated (or their kids) are usually the same one that sue the doctors when their kids get sick from one of tht diseases a vaccine could have prevented.

What do people want? Personal responsibility or the freedom to do as they please and never have any consequences. I suspect the latter.

Personally, I like to live on the edge - give me pasteurized, irradiated, microwaved food and load it up with some Trans Fats too and I'll take full responsibility for the consequences.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
DaveNay said:

They are two very very VERY different (first off, one's a bacteria, the other is a virus.)

One causes spewing of food and poo from bodily orifices. The other causes spewing of blood from the same orifices.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . I'm a little hungry now! :D

Dutch-NJ

DaveNay said:

Dave,

Of course you are correct. E. coli is not the same as Ebola. The error was due to writing off line using a word processor that didn't understand when I typed "ecoli."

I was wrong for two reasons: I didn't type "E. coli" and I didn't proof read my own words.

Thanks for catching my mistake.

You don't disagree that Irradiation will kill “E. coli” do you?

Dutch-NJ

PBinWA said:
What do people want?

I know EXACTLY what many people want.

They want to go to Heaven, but they don’t want to die to get there.

PBinWA said:
Personally, I like to live on the edge - give me pasteurized, irradiated, microwaved food and load it up with some Trans Fats too and I'll take full responsibility for the consequences.

Me too.

I don’t mind wiping my grease off my hands and eating my sandwich, but I do mind cashiers handling money that was handled by thousands of filthy people who flew in from disease invested foreign countries carrying who knows what plague, and then touching my food.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Somewhat off topic, but happened to me today. Am I incorrect in thinking that if you get food poisoning that you WILL BE in the hospital? Seems that some people that come up with an excuse as to why they didn't do something, it was because they had a case of food poisoning.

Got an E-mail from someone today who HAD to meet me this afternoon but never showed (working on a project for two weeks for a non-profit organization). Get home and they e-mail me that they think they have food poisoning, and for some reason, both of their cell phones would not let them call out to let me know that they wouldn't be able to meet me.

I hate people that you can't rely on

mak2

Any of you guy taken a microbiology class? Bugs are everywhere. You in fact carry a vast amount of E coli with you. The idea is to keeep it where it belongs. So wash your hands often and forget about it.

elsmitro

floppy member
Ask David Banner about the safety of your gamma radiation!!! And, Peter Parker might be able to tell you a thing or 2 about radioactive insects. I have enough trouble being me without adding on the whole “great power / great responsibility” trip.
:hide:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
dzalphakilo said:
Somewhat off topic, but happened to me today. Am I incorrect in thinking that if you get food poisoning that you WILL BE in the hospital?

Yes, you are incorrect in thinking that if you get food poisoning that you WILL BE in the hospital. My wife and I got it from shrimp scampi at Olive Garden a couple of years ago. As I understand it, it depends on how bad you get it, and your condition at the time. We had a rough day of fearing to be far from a bathroom. Olive Garden did give us a 25 dollar free coupon, but after our experience the last thing we wanted was to go back there. We returned to use the coupon about 8 months later. We did not get the shrimp scampi. :eek: