• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

thiokol 4t parts

mtbxdrew

i have found a complete parts manual and now that i have had the day to look the machine over i am in need of a few things

need a few new rims, they have rotted out around the valve stems, thinking they might be repairable by welding a washer over the now oversize valve stem holes

front boogie wheel suspension bearing, by looking at the parts book it looks to be a sealed bearing, unfortunately no size listed just the part #, any one know of the bearing #, i know i am going to have to take it apart eventually just would like to have the part in hand, not sure the bearing will have a # on it with all the rust it has seen

so far other than some wiring that needs cleaning up and all fluids dumped it appears to be in rather good shape considering its over 50yrs old

jp11

Bearings are usually engraved. You should be able to use a bit of sandpaper to clean them up and read.

If you're going to fill the tires anyway.. you don't need much for rim repair.. just enough to hold air, then hold the fluid till it hardens. I found filling my iffy tires was cheaper than replacing the rubber.

Been enjoying rebuilding my 1968. It's fun. Go slow, be patient.

JP

Dr. Zaugg

Mountain Services in Denver. 1-800-294-3579. Joe is a genuine sort of guy.
I may have a core sprocket if yours are mounted on a spline shaft.
Paul

mtbxdrew

tried sanding the bearing off to find the # and cant find it, i either took too much or the rust already took the #s off, tried looking up the thiokol # but get nothing. any ideas? im sure someone has replaced these bearings, im going to try and remove it to take to a bearing supply but i dont think it will come out in one piece

jp11

take the bearing in to any bearing shop. they can measure all the surfaces with a micrometer and get you a replacement.

I used kaman bearing here local to me in maine.. but even found another shop where the guy working there is a member of another local club.

JP

mtbxdrew

RW507ER, the guys a petersons were very helpful, said cost was 124 dollars and that I should search online, found them on eBay for 16 bucks a bearing

mtbxdrew

now on the hunt for the small suspension arm bearing connected to the axle, it is a KP6 bearing, they are available but pretty pricey im guessing because of the special shoulder on it, anyone know of something else that will fit tried looking up the size on a few different sites but havent had any luck