• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My new toy

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
And before anyone says "mid-life crisis", think of it like this. I couldn't afford it when I was younger and if I had waited until I was too old, I would have broken a hip getting in and out of it.

It's a 1999 model with a lot of miles. I got it 2 months ago with 155,000 miles on it. Not a lot for a 12 year old car, but a lot for a 12 year old Corvette. I traded a 2006 Polaris Ranger for it. It had lots of little issues wrong with it, but slowly I am getting those corrected. Some were easy 20 minute fixes with a soldering iron, and a couple required going to the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 176

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
It's quick and I just like to stand back and look at it. I've kind of gotten into a Dave Ramsey mindset and don't want to make payments on anything. Getting a trade deal was the only way I could get one. I guess technically I am making payments as I get things fixed. It still needs an exhaust system and new seat covers.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
A red Corvette? LOL, you'll be making payments alright... But congrats my man, she's a beauty!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Any red-blooded male growing up before the 90's has to in some way like a Corvette.

Nice Brents - have fun with it! :thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats! Very nice. :tiphat: and no payments!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

What engine is in it? HP? Auto or stick? How fast have you gone (if you don't mind saying)?

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
The engine is a 5.7 rated at 345 hp. I've had it up to 102 MPH. It has the automatic transmission. I would have preferred the 6 spd manual, but since I have to go through an ID check each morning to get on base at work, the automatic is better for me. Sometimes it is 5 minutes or more of stop and go traffic. I'd hate to ride that clutch like that every morning.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Just for you!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8p9Xvi_90&feature=related"]Prince & The Revolution - Little Red Corvette - YouTube[/ame]

Did I mention that I'm Jealous?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice wheels! Just don't try to take it where you did the ranger. The ground clearance will get you.:yum:

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Thanks! My daughter thought it was cool that there was a song about my car. We went to the National Corvette Museum in 2008 and my oldest daughter fell in love with Corvettes. She still can't believe that we have a Vette now.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The engine is a 5.7 rated at 345 hp. I've had it up to 102 MPH. It has the automatic transmission. I would have preferred the 6 spd manual, but since I have to go through an ID check each morning to get on base at work, the automatic is better for me. Sometimes it is 5 minutes or more of stop and go traffic. I'd hate to ride that clutch like that every morning.
Kewl. The youngster in me would prefer the 6spd also but my knees much prefer an automatic. My jeep is an automatic and I'm glad of it.
You'll have a ball with the car. Your girls will think your rich. :D
Enjoy!!!!!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Back in the early 70's I was going to College in Spain, got to see all these little foreign cars all over the place. One day one of the guys off the US Air Force base in Spain came driving a White Corvette down the main drag though Madrid.

All the people stopped to watch it go by and it was quiet while people stared at it. It had glass packs in it and had a throaty rumble even as it idled by.

Never felt so proud of my Country as that day! Who says America isn't that shiny City on the hill!

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Mine doesn't have glass packs, it has straight pipes! That's why I'm looking for a good deal on mufflers. It's just a little too loud to carry on a conversation.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are those your gas pumps too? That is an awesome car in front of an awesome gas station!

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Those are not my gas pumps. That is a little replica gas station here in town near one of the city parks. I'm not sure who owns it or who had it built. Lots of people take their cars or Harleys there to make pictures.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted. Been busy with life in general and working on the toy. Here are some updated pics.

As you can see the old sun visors were held in place with zip ties and electrical tape.

The seats were in really bad shape. Katelyn helped me put the new seat covers on. I also replaced the seat bottom foam and it sits much better.

The stereo was in bad shape. Knob missing and lights weren't working. I wasn't looking for a loud system, just one that functioned properly. The only issue was that at the time that car was made GM used an odd sized head unit. Single DIN and Double DIN are the standard sizes. I could have squeezed a double in there, but that would have required some serious modifications to the console so I opted for the single DIN size. I also did a simulated carbon fiber wrap job on the center console. Not bad for a first try. I'll probably try doing it again. BTW the stereo is a Kenwood media receiver. It doesn't have a CD player, but is designed to work with an iPod or a USB thumb drive. It is also connected to a back up camera I have mounted above the license plate.

Attachments

• Visor before.jpg
    Visor before.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Visor After.jpg
    Visor After.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Old seats.jpg
    Old seats.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Katelyn seat.jpg
    Katelyn seat.jpg