• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Imp Heater box

Scotg1107

Does any one have a part number for the heater box off of an imp or have any idea for one that can replace it.

Thanks

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You might be able to adapt a rear heater from a school bus. I think Donaldson sells after market boxes with blower and all as well.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you want some thing that is somewhat like if not exactly like original, Ag tractor salvage yard is the place to go. Manufacturers did not make these themselves, but rather used venders for complete units. Thiokol did the same thing. I am betting there is a period correct box heater in as was pointed out a combine for instance. Typically tractors have roof mounted heaters. (Your feet get cold) Combines and forage equiptment that is self propelled and with cabs have floor mounted units as you need.....

There are probably new units out there as well. Take your pick...

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
another source is hunter they made heaters for the military vehicles like the duce and halfs and m-37 3/4 ton trucks. I would . you would likely want a smaller heater like a 3/4 ton truck as the 24000 btu unit used on a duce may cool your whole motor too much. the hunter units are nice because they have defroster and floor air ports.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
An international Scout (1971-1980) is almost exactly the same.

The heater core just needs to be flipped over very easy to do.

Mike