• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

madza 3

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
My daughter had the brake discs and rotors changed on her mazda 3. Everything was fine at first, but now when you step on the brake it sounds like a engine brake from a big truck.It sounds like it's coming more from one side then the other. Could it be a small rock stuck somewhere?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It could be . I would have her call the guy who did the work . If there is something in between the rotor and the brake pad she does not want to drive it .The pad may be installed backwards . ( Steel against steel ) It will groove the rotor and she will end up buying a new one . It may be too late depaending on how much it has been driven

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mazda 3 is a great little car but the Fix to the problem is likely to be found in BigAls advice.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
My daughter had the brake discs and rotors changed on her mazda 3. Everything was fine at first, but now when you step on the brake it sounds like a engine brake from a big truck.It sounds like it's coming more from one side then the other. Could it be a small rock stuck somewhere?
Does it sound anything like this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5_DHyxcoBM"]2007 Mazda 3-Brake Defect - YouTube[/ame]

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys. She has the car parked now. I will check it out when I have time. She just drove it home for her summer holidays. She goes to school 2000k away. She went to the garage before coming home for a check up and they told her that her brakes and rotors needed to be changed.At a cost of almost $500. After they change it, but before she left the garage she phoned me, I told her to ask for the old parts. They gave her strange looks and told her it was in the garbage. She argued with them until they finally gave it to her. I saw it and there is nothing at all wrong with it. They are just like new. They ripped her off. The *@^#%*. So no she won't be going there again.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i know new parts are supposed to be as good as oem I have have had quality brake pads loose linings in the past the brand name wa swagner and it's not the first time i have seen this happen so take the car in get it looked at my preferance is bonded linings

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
My God, I forgot about this post. If anyone is interested, I found the problem for the noise. The garage that installed the rotor left the brake caliper bolts loose. I tightened them down and all is okay now. That is one garage that will never get anymore business for this family.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
She is lucky they did not fall out and cause an accident. Most folks don't realize 2 bolts are what holds them on and stop a vehicle.