• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Audi A7 ~ wow what a beautiful car!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dropped the kid off at school today and saw the Audi "Vampire Lights" in the rear view mirror coming up fast behind me. At that point I was unsure of the model of the car behind me, it was still at some distance, but the LED headlights are used on a couple different models of Audi.

As the car got closer it shifted to the left lane and I could see the profile of the car. It was an A7. Lucky for me there was a car to my left preventing the A7 from actually getting past me and we got stopped at a traffic light so I got a good long look.

I have to say that the lines of that care are simply beautiful. The guy eventually drove away and even from the straight on rear view that car is beautiful. Not sure its worth the cost, its about a $10,000+ premium over the mechanically same Audi A6, but wow its a pretty car. Sleek lines, yet exuding both a look of power and class.

Might have to look into one of those when I get serious about car shopping.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree. The Audi A7 is stunningly beautiful

I am also fond of the new Jaguar sedans. Similar lines.

I would own neither but they are gorgeous!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, the Jaguar XF is also stunningly beautiful.

Honestly I would consider buying the A7. It has the Quattro (4 wheel drive option) so its practical on our winter roads. Its got a good size cargo area so its practical for carrying home the groceries and fold down seats/hatchback so its even possible to bring home lumber. Fuel economy is better than you'd expect.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, the Jaguar XF is also stunningly beautiful.

Honestly I would consider buying the A7. It has the Quattro (4 wheel drive option) so its practical on our winter roads. Its got a good size cargo area so its practical for carrying home the groceries and fold down seats/hatchback so its even possible to bring home lumber. Fuel economy is better than you'd expect.

But,,,,But,,,there are some many wonderful GMcars fromwhich to chose:yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will not buy a GM. Period.

I'd love to buy a Ford, but I just don't see a nice sedan that sends a chill up my leg.

Chrysler, now a foreign car company that Obama quite literally gave away, doesn't really offer anything exciting except the little Fiat 500. Don't really see me driving that.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Come on boys, if you're going to look at Audi's at least look at the right one...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...VBMfi2gWGxcUQ&sqi=2&ved=0CIIBEPUBMAU&dur=1769

audi-r8-1.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The insurance on the R8 probably costs as much as the A7...

I'm pretty sure Mrs. Zoom won't drop the extra $10K for the A7 and will stick with the A6. She's due for a new(er) one as her current one has over 150K miles but still runs strong.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The A8 is just a BIG version of the A6 from everything I can see. I personally don't like that large of a car.

The A6 and A7 are mechanical twins, with the A7 getting a fancy body and some sporty looks. The rear seat of the A7 goes from a 3 passenger bench to pair of seats for 2 people. So the A6, is a 5 passenger car while the A7 is practical for only 4 people. On the other hand the the A7 has the big hatchback and fold flat rear seats so it can actually carry a surprising amount to cargo home from the big box stores.

Basically it seems that the A7 is really just the jazzed up A6 with much sportier looks.

grizzer

Audi has a A7 TDI. Car & Driver or some similar just reported a 41k mi eval of it & came to $10K expense ($1.9k tires)