• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow trac in Gamble alaska

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
While stuck in camp in Deadhorse I was on the Alaska photo archives looking for pictures of snow trac used on the pipeline.
Did not find any but did find this one
I have been to Gamble it a interesting place. It's covered with pea gravel almost Pericles in size to 1/4 inch making walking difficult.
There were whale carcass on the beach as well as a old D2 haft buried in the gravel
It was sept and at the hotel buyers threw the night were dicking for ivory and artifacts the natives dug up behind th power house
I was rebuilding a 3412 in the power house and was supplied with heads for a 3408 ( wear house screwup). I call in requesting additional tooling for the job and was bitch out by my supervisor for not taking the required tooling as everything had to be flown in threw nome after he was threw running his mouth
He ask what I needed. I told him a 5P2543 head stretcher. As I had to stretch 2 cylinders in the dam heads you supplied me! He s quite for a bit and said he get back to me.
And yes you can see Russia from there

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 175

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
they didn't last long out there. I know where there was a 3 band model came out of savoonga and aside from the sprockets there isn't much usable off it because of corrosion. my wifes uncle tells of days when a preacher had one out there and would travel between gambel and savonga with it. while you were out there did you see the piston bully that is out there now.