• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Flash of Genius: Lasers Could Replace Spark Plugs Under Your Hood

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Not to mention that if it burns a hole in the piston, it will cause a crankcase explosion firing a hot lazer directly into the hot motor oil, taking out the local parking lot and you will be on the six O'Clock news....

Nah, I like the spark plugs....

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I like DIESEL engines. No spark plugs needed and some of them are so idiot proof that even I can work on them :mellow:

When I was a kid working riverboats (at 16 years old), we ran 671 Detroits... I use to replace the injectors when they got fouled with water....

Needless to say, a guy bet me a hundred dollars (I was 17 at the time) couldn't replace the spark plugs in his dumptruck engine (671 Detroit) since we were talking about engines and he didn't think I knew a diesel from a gas engine.... So he was embarising me in front of his buddies....

Needless to say I had all of his injectors out on the bed of the truck and dropped a spark plug into each hole in about two hours before he knew what I was doing... I won the bet but he wouldn't pay up, so I charged him two hundred in advance to put them back in....

Needless to say, his buddies that were all there for the bet, really had a good time when he told them what I did, which of course he was pissed, but I didn't care at the time, I was more pissed at him claiming I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground... Not only did I know the difference, I showed him what an ass was...:brows:

Took me a few hours to have the injectors back in, timed and ran the rack... It ran better than it did before because they were not timed correctly from someone else doing the installs. I had all the timing tools with me that I bought in town to take out on the river boats as part of my tool boxes. Matter of fact, found the same kit locked away in one of my tool boxes this last month! Still look new and oiled....

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Fellows it is all for not.........when the reniger gets done there wont be any fuel or gas to run eather engine!!!! and the wonderful volts will have all burnt by then.........now how about some hamburgers to run our bycicles????....oh thats right makchell wants to get rid of those also!!!!!!!!!!:yum: now hows that for some fancy comunity orginizing?????? or is that comunist orging!!!!