• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

beds !!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I use to be able to sleep on a rock and wake up ready to go all day . Now I wake up and am so sore I am ready to head to the hospital to be put in traction :unsure:. I have owned some really expensive and custom made mattess and box springs sets through the years, but lately nothing was helping get a decent nights sleep .
Last year the wife purchased a "Sleep Number" Bed . That is the worst piece of crap I ever slept on :censored:. I never did find my magic number that was suppose to get you heavenly sleep ,but I do know what sleeping in hell is like now . If your a fair sized person as I am , a sleep number bed ain't for you .

Any way , After trying that bed for a year I moved out of the master bedroom and headed for the guest room . Thats when the wife realized I was serious about wanting a new bed .

Ever since my accident in the early 90's I have had severe back trauma and pain . I walk like I have a corn cob shoved up my butt whenever my back pain flares up .

Soooooo........ we finally head into town and stop to look at new beds . I lay on every one over the next hour or so . The sales lady says that one particular brand seems to really be nice and she owns one too . I've never heard of the brand but try it to be nice .

Man o Man ! I don't even want to get up to leave the store ,its so comfy .

She said it has a soft to medium rating and I tell her I need a hard one for my back . She says that is not necessarily true .

Long story short.... we buy the bed . What a difference !!!! In two nights all back pain is gone:wub: . Hip Pain is gone :wub:and I am actually waking up half assed ready to take on the world again in the past month since we purchased it :wub:. . I did not know how good that bed was until I just returned to Calif this past week and slept on this custom made job we have here :censored:. Back pain is back and hips are killing me again . WTF .

You have severe back pain you might want to check one of these out . Its a Restonic " Cumberland" . I would pay 2 grand for a bed like this without even blinking , knowing what I know now .

I think we paid around a $1000 bucks when we got it ,which I consider cheap for a good bed .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I have Sealy Posturepedic mattresses on both my little day bed (my nappy bed), and the large one in the master bedroom.
Both are good for my back, which isn't in the best shape either.
Having said that, I could sleep on a bare floor if I'm tired enough.
:smile:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I've heard OF restonic, but until now never anything ABOUT them. thanks for the info -- I'm not a tiny person, and my wife has a bad back, so finding a bed that's comfy for both of us is a challenge. (and we're in the market for a new bed now that we have to furnish an extra bedroom in the new house) In the past I've been a big fan of Sealy posturpedic and Stearns & foster mattresses, but I'm willing to do some more research and see what else is available. Thanks again for the info!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I use to be able to sleep on a rock and wake up ready to go all day . Now I wake up and am so sore I am ready to head to the hospital to be put in traction :unsure:.

I resemble that

Last year the wife purchased a "Sleep Number" Bed . That is the worst piece of crap I ever slept on :censored:. I never did find my magic number that was suppose to get you heavenly sleep ,but I do know what sleeping in hell is like now . If your a fair sized person as I am , a sleep number bed ain't for you .

My wife and I did too. I loved it and she hated it. You calling my wife fair sized :bb: :poke: :rolf2:

You have severe back pain you might want to check one of these out . Its a Restonic " Cumberland" . I would pay 2 grand for a bed like this without even blinking , knowing what I know now .

I think we paid around a $1000 bucks when we got it ,which I consider cheap for a good bed .

I will check that bed out. Thanks you helped me out a lot. Now hopefully I can put my bed problems to rest.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I resemble that

My wife and I did too. I loved it and she hated it. You calling my wife fair sized :bb: :poke: :rolf2:
There are two areas that I will never venture into on a discussion . One is a womens wieght and the other is her age . Thats a good way to end up sleeping on the couch or dead or both :unsure:.

But I will say that i'll take a women with a little meat on her bones over a Paris Hilton:doh: type any day of the week . :blush:VroomVroom:dizzy:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
There are two areas that I will never venture into on a discussion . One is a womens wieght and the other is her age . Thats a good way to end up sleeping on the couch or dead or both :unsure:.

But I will say that i'll take a women with a little meat on her bones over a Paris Hilton:doh: type any day of the week . :blush:VroomVroom:dizzy:

Just messing with you on the weight deal. I agree you don't talk weight or age. And I agree a little meat is nice. Zoom Zoom :thumb:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
We are about finished with our current mattress too. We've been buying a new 'bed' every year or two for the last 10 years without any luck. I'm getting impatient with the cost and run-around!

The soft 'pillow top' mattresses are comfy when they are new, but develop hog troughs very quickly and become quite un-comfy. We followed some other advise on the last mattress set and bought the 'plain-jane' set with the thought of putting a replaceable pillow-top on it when we needed one. Well, that hasn't worked either.

The wife keeps saying that we should get a sleep number. I've been leery because that's a pile o-cash for an air mattress, IMO.

I will investigate your recommendation to see if we have a 'Restonic' dealer in our area.

Thanks for the review!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the info Al. We are 'in the market' for a new one also ....at least that is what my wife says. She thought the sleep number one looked good. And a friend at her work bought one and loved it. Around 2 grand I think. Expensive for sure.
Another friend at her work bought that memory mattress .... foam with a memory. :confused: We looked at a copy cat one in the store and it was very expensive also. But it was a few hundred less than the Swedish foam top one they have on TV.
Now at least I have one for my list, and it sounds very affordable. I like that. :thumb:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I would not take another "Sleep Number bed if the factory gave me one free and as a bonus gave me all the cash one of those cost too!!!!:furious:
If your even remotely thinking of getting one go try it out first !!! There is some hotel chain that just went to Sleep number beds in all there rooms . I think it is Radison Inns .

And I don't like the hog trough problems that the pillow tops develope also .In fact ,I don't like pillow tops at all . The Restonic we purchased is warranted not to do that .