• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Recent study cannibus, Doctors claim it causes mental disorders

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Namely Schizophrenia.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317170.php
The nature of the relationship between cannabis and psychiatric disorders has been hotly debated for decades. A new study, using genetically modified mice, adds more fuel to an already blistering blaze.

The TCP in modern cannabis is 20 times more potent than the "ditch weed" of the '70's.

To hell with being a gateway drug. The new cannabis won't make you go blind but, it will make you crazy.

Sorry potheads, but the crap BS propaganda about POT being benign is exposed.

Last edited:

Bamby

Namely Schizophrenia.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317170.php
The nature of the relationship between cannabis and psychiatric disorders has been hotly debated for decades. A new study, using genetically modified mice, adds more fuel to an already blistering blaze.

The TCP in modern cannabis is 20 times more potent than the "ditch weed" of the '70's.

To hell with being a gateway drug. The new cannabis won't make you go blind but, it will make you crazy.

Sorry potheads, but the crap BS propaganda about POT being benign is exposed.

I know you have a pet pieve against pot, but that in itself isn't making it go away.

Just how long has the war on booze been going on? How successful have society's efforts been to make it go away, and how much has it cost society?

Booze and drugs ain't going to go away and it's left to society to find the best way to somehow deal with it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The pot floating around today, street weed is a dangerous thing to mess with.
They mix anything in with it now.
Add fentanyl and your ass is grass.
I've had patients on rehab in the past who've proven that it makes you nothing but stupid.
Fried brain.
Like meth, it eats your brain.
It is a gateway drug.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The pot floating around today, street weed is a dangerous thing to mess with.

They mix anything in with it now.

Add fentanyl and your ass is grass.

I've had patients on rehab in the past who've proven that it makes you nothing but stupid.

Fried brain.

Like meth, it eats your brain.

It is a gateway drug.
I used to agree with you 110% on all counts regarding marijuana. I spent my whole life deadset against the stuff and saw firsthand what it does to families when the parents make it a priority over, say, putting food on the table for their children or paying their bills etc. One thing I learned working as a social worker is to look beyond what you see. The same goes with most articles like the OP. Who is paying for that study? Is it a big pharmaceutical company trying to debunk any healing properties of medical marijuana so they can keep their patients addicted to their so called prescription meds?

I was prescribed it in April 2017 as an alternate to the pain relievers I was on. It took me nearly to months to psychologically come to terms with that. BUT, the alternative was staying on the oxycontin I was prescribed as a pain reliever. It was horrible $h-t. Left me in a state of brainfog all day. Couldn't remember crap. Upset stomach. And didn't do much to aleviate the pain I live on a daily basis. So I was taken off the oxycontin and put on lyrica. I thought it would be better. Guess what! It didn't do a damned thing for my pain and left me in a constant state of brain fog all day. And I gained 40 lbs as a side effect without changing my diet at all. I have a chronic condition called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome which is a neaurological condition resulting from severe nerve damage. Little is known about it. There is no cure. No effective treatment. I live day to day never knowing how I will feel in the morning. That makes it very hard to do any kind of planning. With medical marijuana, you have to experiment to find what works for you as one pot plant is different from the next. It also depends on how you take it. There's dry leaf that you can vape, smoke etc. There's the oils that you drop under your tongue. There's topical creams.(which I haven't tried). There's pill form. (my favorite). I take two slow release marijuana pills every morning along with aleve. It's the only thing that allows me to live a semi normal life. It's very predictable. I know that if I take my pills at 7am, by 10am I can somewhat function normally. It has reduced the amount of flare ups I get during the day, as it wears off during the evening, that's when I hurt the most and get bad flares until my bedtime dose of pills. All that being said, I don't get the brain fog I used to get on so called prescription medications. The only side effect I get is less pain. I'm not walking around stoned all day.(that happened when I was on the prescribed by pharmacy medications). I'm starting to be able to remember things more. I can now focus on reading a page in a book and somewhat remembering it. Before, I would read a sentence then immediately be unable to describe what I just read. But doctors and hospitals want to keep pushing the pills.

All that being said, does it need to be legal for recreational purposes? No. For medical purposes? YES!!!!! Am I going to go out and start looking for something more potent like crystal meth or cocaine? Absolutely not. I used to be in the group that would say marijuana is a gateway drug. For some people, it may be. But it's like anything. I can eat a sandwich and be full. While the person next to me has the same sandwich and is still be hungry and order themselves a steak.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not talking about medical marijuana, Brian.
My ex takes Marinol and smokes homegrown weed for his Parkinson's.
Just to be clear.

I was going the way of the OP speaking of weed leading to mental disorders, which it can.. and does.. depending on the type you get your hands on.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I know you have a pet pieve against pot, but that in itself isn't making it go away.

Just how long has the war on booze been going on? How successful have society's efforts been to make it go away, and how much has it cost society?

Booze and drugs ain't going to go away and it's left to society to find the best way to somehow deal with it.
OH please stop with the comparison to alcohol. No one who is aware of alcohol denies it's dangers.

But the Cannabis community emphatically states it is safe and benign. It's not!!!! THAT is my issue. ALWAYS has been.

I do not object to recreational Alcohol.
I do not object to recreational Cannabis.
I don't even object to recreation heroin.

I object to reckless abuse of all almost as much as the lying propaganda's that excuse such abuse.

Your response is threadbare and antiquated to the old days. Todays cannabis is nothing like your daddy's cannabis. You guys need to find a canned new defense phrase.

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Personally I am against anything that will make the body less then. I am of the firm religious belief that one's body is a temple and must be treated with dignity and respect. After all, it is the only one the good Lord give us. There is no trading in for a newer, faster smarter one. The one we have is a one trick pony.

That is not to say I did not abuse myself with alcohol when I was younger, but that ended a long time ago. I regret those days, but no looking back.

Whether it is alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, meth, crack or whatever, consumption will make your body less than. It is as simple as that.

Now if someone chooses to abuse all of the above to the point of destruction, that is their business. I just wish it was not my problem as well with higher premiums and higher health care costs. They can fry their brains on their own clock and their own nickel. The only disease they have contracted is the disease of stupidity. There is a lot of that going around these days.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Right up front let me say that I've never used it and probably never will. I say "probably" because we never know what the future holds. I may need medical marijuana someday. Who knows? I'm also told that medical marijuana and street marijuana are two very different things.

I think that it is important to remember that the pot being used today is not the ditch weed of the 60s. It's as least 10 times as potent. When buying the stuff on the street, you never know what it is laced with. I'm told it is not uncommon for dealers to add a little of much more potent drugs to get customers hooked and dependent.

I also hear the excuse that street marijuana isn't a behavioral changing drug. That wasn't my experience being around some of those people back in the 60s and 70s and it isn't what my cop and medical friends tell me now.

Is it a "gateway drug"? As it is being sold today, my feeling is that it probably is. I might not have said that 30 or 40 years ago. People are always looking for a bigger and more sustained high and that leads to more potent and dangerous drugs.

I kind of agree with Franc in that I get tired of people trying to feed me bullshit about it, that is totally contrary to my life experience, in order to excuse or justify their use.