• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB rubber belting for my 1344 Tucker

WTB - I'm located in SouthEast BC, just north of where the Washington/Idaho borders meet the International Boundary - who would be the closest to supply me with some rubber track for my 1344 Tucker? - (Guess an ice ball was what caused the torn tracks :glare: )

teamster

I bought belting from these guys in Spruce Grove , Alberta. Great people, they sell all types, thickness etc. They can drill the holes but it's easy to do yourself, with a drill press. Order what you need and but it on Greyhound. Infinity Belting 1-780-963-3084. I'm an hour from there if you need my help.

thanks all - I was able to get what I needed out of Kelowna from Belterra at what seemed to me a very reasonable price - next day delivery - now all I need to do is drill some holes

Archmage

Good to hear!! I just ordered 4 belts from Fallline in Reno, NV and the holes were all drilled incorrectly. I even confirmed the hole measurements which a caliper off of there diagram they send me, but something happened with there CNC machine and I got incorrect spacing. Now they wont even work with me to get it straighten out. It will be the last time I purchase from them. I found a outfit out of Denver, CO where I can get belts for roughly 47.00 a piece.

teamster

I found the easiest way I found to drill holes in the belting is with a hole punch in a drill. The place I told you about uses a cordless drill, I used my drill press in high gear with a hole punch in the chuck. It actually burns thru leaving a nice clean hole. Fast and slick.

I found the easiest way I found to drill holes in the belting is with a hole punch in a drill. The place I told you about uses a cordless drill, I used my drill press in high gear with a hole punch in the chuck. It actually burns thru leaving a nice clean hole. Fast and slick.

I'll have to try that - I don't have a high speed drill press, but I have punches, so it's not going to cost me anything to try it - I imagine the smell is potent? - lol :brows:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it may no be the closest but I bought all my belts and grousers from this place and they were really good. phone calls were easy and offered to send extra parts.they even gave me the torque so I wouldn't crush the cords in the belt weakening it.
http://snowcattracks.com/

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We use a track hole drill bit on the snowmobiles. It is just a hollow center bit we use in a cordless. The friction heats the bit and once hot it cuts right through nice and clean and pops out little plugs. Not sure what size you can get these in? 5/16 is usually the stud shank diameter. Have done thousands of these in life. Pretty easy

teamster

No the smell isn't that bad. I placed a section of the old belt with good hole spacing on top of the new belt, then marked the holes with a paint stick thru the old holes. I believe this is better than measuring the holes, because you're not replacing all the belts. You want your new belt to match up with the other old belts.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Good to hear!! I just ordered 4 belts from Fallline in Reno, NV and the holes were all drilled incorrectly. I even confirmed the hole measurements which a caliper off of there diagram they send me, but something happened with there CNC machine and I got incorrect spacing. Now they wont even work with me to get it straighten out. It will be the last time I purchase from them. I found a outfit out of Denver, CO where I can get belts for roughly 47.00 a piece.
you are lucky I got new fall line belts with my Thiokol 2100 they stretched so bad that it wont hold the grousers tight. they are on their 3rd season and now junkthe old outer belts are still going strong

Aaron Tucker

I use repurpose materials out of Denver , CO did my whole cat for $200 and still have a roll of about 75lb of belting left . I suggest making a pattern and then use spray paint to mark the holes .

the real question is, have you got a case of PB blaster to spray on the old bolts. I would replace all the bolts to top lock only not nylon .

HankScorpio

I use repurpose materials out of Denver , CO did my whole cat for $200 and still have a roll of about 75lb of belting left . I suggest making a pattern and then use spray paint to mark the holes .

the real question is, have you got a case of PB blaster to spray on the old bolts. I would replace all the bolts to top lock only not nylon .

I am looking at material from repurposed materials in Denver for my 1544. Did you buy used belting and cut it to width or did you get belt trimmings at the correct width? Did you use 1/4" thick? Thanks

Aaron Tucker

I am looking at material from repurposed materials in Denver for my 1544. Did you buy used belting and cut it to width or did you get belt trimmings at the correct width? Did you use 1/4" thick? Thanks

I use new old stock belting . I used 2 wide belts rather then 4 belts per pontoon. I actually got the belting at the correct width and then just cut it to lengthen .I had to just take measurements and run around there yard looking through hundreds of rolls . easier then it sounds lol
. I think mine was 5/8 thick . I just got as absolutely close to the original as possible besides the 2 belt over 4 . Then made a pattern and drilled the holes .

Archmage

I got belting from Western Belting in Denver, Colorado. They cut it to length and slit it to the correct width. It shipped the same day with lacing and punch materials for a real decent price. I will continue to work with them in the future. FORGET FALLINE. I forgot to mention they even recovered my sprocket with the wrong pattern and will not do anything about it. FORGET FALLINE!!!

snowcatt

In Canada there's Beltara I've been using pathfinder plus they cut and punch and splice if your not over lapping very reasonable

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess I'm going to bump this THREAD with a question about "better" place to source the belting from?!

In your opinion, those who done it, is it worth the hassle/cost to order it pre-punched, or do it yourself as it will be less headache due to being exact, and a bit cheaper.

Labor work is okay by me as most might already know, but I dont mind paying few bucks to have it pre-punched, as it will save a lot of time which I can use on the assembly of the actual track...

So for the sake of making the search easier for anyone in the future, when you share the info, just make it a simple post (if I may suggest)

Company Name
Company Location
Contact Info (if any better person to deal with that you know)
Describe what you got from them in fullest detail possible (length, width, thickness, how many ply, pre-punched or not, thickness of the outer layer, kind of belting itself, etc.)

Any and all information is much appreciated!!!

NIKSON
p.s. on that note, I'm needing to rebuild my tracks, need 4 strips of 12in wide, 25ft long, if they were to be pre-punched, it would have to be every 5 inches 4 holes...

I used an old piece of aluminum plate, cut to width - used the old belt to make the pattern for the holes, drilled suitable holes in the plate, then clamped the aluminum to the new belt and drilled the holes using a punch in my drill - turned out perfect and was very quick - ( a few seconds per hole ) - I felt the time spent was well worth it and had belts custom made for my machine

rockhead

Question: if you use the old belt as pattern do you not risk pitch length issues as it has stretched already where your new belting will be stretching some ?

PS Belts on order from Belterra in Kamloops BC, crazy inexpensive :)

Question: if you use the old belt as pattern do you not risk pitch length issues as it has stretched already where your new belting will be stretching some ?

PS Belts on order from Belterra in Kamloops BC, crazy inexpensive :)

I copied from 4 sets of holes only - used a strip of aluminum cut from an old street sign - the bit of stretch in that short length, if any, didn't seem to make any difference

snowcatt

I measure all the holes and keep the belt straight
If your not careful by the time you get to the end you'll be way off
They make a bit for drilling belting
The belt company here will punch the holes
15 cents a hole and they do a good job
Good luck and have fun
We got lots of snow this year it's great

I measure all the holes and keep the belt straight
If your not careful by the time you get to the end you'll be way off
They make a bit for drilling belting
The belt company here will punch the holes
15 cents a hole and they do a good job
Good luck and have fun
We got lots of snow this year it's great

I didn't have to replace all the belts - the way we did it matched up perfectly - I used a punch in my cordless drill - takes a few seconds per hole and makes a perfect hole - it did turn out to be a decent snow year and my sled dog trail looks great thanks to my Tucker

Last edited:

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I purchased my belts from the Tucker factory. Of course you're going to pay a little more but made for an easy install... Already the length ply and pre punched. I don't remember exactly what I paid but didn't seem too crazy.obviously there's places out there to get cheaper material but if you're not getting the right stuff and having to pay twice or maybe three times and spend a whole weekend drilling holes it's not worth it in the end. Just my two cents. Good luck everyone.