• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dear Parkland Activists: You Admit to Bullying the Shooter

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dear Parkland Activists: You Admit to Bullying the Shooter, But Have the Gall to Blame Guns and the NRA?
COURTNEY KIRCHOFF THURSDAY MARCH 29 2018
Parkland bullies
Dear Parkland Bullies,

We interrupt your national, media-sponsored cryfest for a brief and simple lecture. No notes needed, I’ll provide.

Over the weekend, one of your comrades, Emma Gonzalez, admitted to “ostracizing” the Parkland shooter. As early as middle school. In an event where you, her, and all your other weepy, whining cohorts marched against the Second Amendment rights of Americans who had nothing to do with the events in Parkland. Not only did Emma admit to ostracizing the shooter, she wasn’t sorry for it. An interesting development considering how the young man “turned out.”

Meanwhile, all of you students-turned-activists are blaming the NRA, legal gun-owners, and in some cases Marco Rubio for what happened in Parkland.

Do you see where I’m going with this?

Lemme break it down for you:

If you’ve admitted, as Emma has, that you ostracized the shooter as early as middle school, you’ve admitted a person, not the tool used, is responsible for the shooting. Specifically a person you made to feel excluded (more on this later).

If a person is responsible for his actions, as the shooter is, then a group of opportunistic anti-gun shills actively campaigning against a group which had no involvement in the shooting (the NRA), is irresponsible at best, malicious at worse. Some might say you’re engaging in bullying tactics.

Seems to me if anyone played a role in the shooter’s motive, if anyone contributed to the shooter’s actions, neither Marco Rubio or the NRA is to blame.

Am I blaming you for what the shooter did? No. Even if someone is bullied into a spiraling depression that may lead to suicide, a person’s actions are ultimately their own. See, unlike you, I believe people are responsible for themselves.

You are responsible for your actions. The shooter is responsible for his.

What I do find impressive is the gall you have to, while knowing you may have tormented what would one day become a mass school shooter, you’re actively blaming the National Rifle Association. A group made up of legal American gun owners who didn’t know the shooter. Who didn’t actively bully or ostracize a young man as early as 12 or 13-years-old.

If I were a clinical psychologist, I might suggest you’re actively engaging in projection. That is, shifting blame. Here:

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

Certainly a school shooting is a credible reason to employ a subconscious defense mechanism. After a horror of a school shooting, people look for something to blame –typically just one, easily identifiable thing — and run with it. Rather than taking the time to analyze what went wrong, where it went wrong, and the system(s) that broke down to prevent it, people blame an agreed upon entity.

It’s easier to blame THE GUN, or any group which supports the right to keep and bear guns, than to examine an entire system of government failures, or the messy subject of human culpability. Including how the students who knew and influenced the eventual shooter may have played a role in his eventual break.

It’s called a “motive.” And if we were to talk with the Parkland Shooter, I’d have to guess the motive behind his shooting was not “The NRA didn’t let me sit with them.” If I had to guess the motive behind his shooting, it wasn’t that students rallied in a group to march against bullying, to march for kindness. No, it’s that he hated you, the students. The same students who made him feel less. For years.

You haven’t changed. You’re actively trying to bully guns out of the hands of law-abiding gun-owners.

So pardon me if every time I see your weepy faces as you demand I surrender my gun rights, I kindly tell you to screw off. It’s not my fault if you’re feeling in anyway guilty for how you treated someone who shot up your school. Again, as early as 12 or 13-years-old.

Let’s review:

The NRA didn’t fail to act on 39 police reports about the Parkland Shooter. The police did.
It wasn’t Marco Rubio who failed to act upon credible tips the shooter might snap and take down a school. The FBI did.
Dana Loesch didn’t tell officers to stand down outside the building as the Parkland shooter pulled the trigger. Scot Peterson did.
It wasn’t Wayne LaPierre who passed up requests to involuntarily commit the shooter. It’s unclear, at this point, who did.
Gun-owning Americans didn’t ostracize the shooter. You did.
So do us all a favor, Parkland anti-gun activists. Accept that neither the NRA, legal gun-owners, or the Second Amendment had anything to do with what happened at your school.

We won’t allow you to push a harmful agenda while you shift blame on people who had zero to do with what happened in Parkland.

Climb down from your all-mighty high horses and deal with this tragedy in more appropriate manner. And while you’re at it, learn how to be kind to people around you. It could make a difference in that person’s life.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/d...e-shooter-but-have-the-gall-to-blame-the-nra/