• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

IMP under the dash air cleaner.

hansoni

Do these things come apart? I can hear the debri in there and can't seem to figure out how it comes apart. Huge nest on top... must be more inside.

hansoni

Here's a pic. Anyone get one of these apart?
Steve

Attachments

• air cleaner.jpg
    air cleaner.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 238

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is an oil bath type. disassemble over a catch pan as the lower pan has or should have engine oil in it to trap dirt.

It is assembled with ring clamps, loosen the screws in bottom one and take the lower pan off, and replace the oil and dirt with fresh clean oil. That is about all of the maintainance required. The center section has a wire mesh in side, and oil bubbles up in that gaining surface area to catch dirt. They actually work quite well, but are messy to service.

Regards, Kirk

hansoni

I did get the catch pan off. Seems the rest of this thing does not come apart. The mice had gotten in there and left a mess.

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
Once you have the catch pan off, that should be all you need to service it. I think there should be a mark on the catch pan to tell you how high to fill it with fresh oil.

PJL

I think he means that the mice nested in the top part that does not come apart. Probably have to use a piece of stiff wire with a hook on the end to fish it out through the air intake. Ask me how much I enjoyed removing the nest from my LMC 1200 heater box. The front one.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some of the larger units on Ag machinery have the screen element removable from the bottom, as the top is rolled crimped together.. Not sure how this one is made up, but worth a check, from the underside. This would of course would let one clean the unit all the way to the top if need be..

Donaldson has made one heck of a lot of air cleaners in their many years of operations. For so many applications it is dizzying...

Regards, Kirk

Kristi Kt-4

X2 300 H and H- Donaldson has made one heck of a lot of air cleaners in their many years of operations. For so many applications it is dizzying...

Alot of my Willys Jeeps have a Donaldson air cleaner... Easy to clean and effective with the oil in the bottom. I have had a few nests in a couple of mine and I was able to remove the screen on the inside to get the red squirrel homestead removed. :wow: They can fit a lot of junk in a tiny space!

YurtinCat

I pulled the oil bath on my 75 Imp and replaced it with an Aftermarket cone style filter fitting a similar displacemt engine. works well. Any one here, know where the inline fuel filter is usually found on these Imp widetracks with the V4 Ford? Much obliged, Matt in Gypsum.