• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Democrats Want to Change a..........

Bamby

Democrats Want to Change a 181-Year-Old Rule to Allow Religious Headwear in the House

As they prepare to welcome two newly-elected Muslim women into the 116th Congress, Democrats have proposed a clarification to a 181-year-old rule banning representatives from wearing hats on the House floor.

If approved, the new rules would allow lawmakers to wear religious headwear, like hijabs and kippahs, once Democrats take control of the chamber in January.

Representative-elect Ilhan Omar, one of the first two Muslim women to serve in Congress, wears a headscarf. She was born in Somalia and came to the United States as a refugee.

No one puts a scarf on my head but me. It’s my choice—one protected by the first amendment.

And this is not the last ban I’m going to work to lift. https://t.co/7U3ZLTaWur

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) November 17, 2018

The proposed rule was co-authored by current House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, ranking Democrat on the Rules Committee Rep. Jim McGovern and Omar. It comes as part of the Democrats’ new House rules proposal package. The drafted changes promise to “ensure religious expression,” by “clarify[ing] in the rules that religious headwear is permitted to be worn in the House chamber.”

The current rules, which were implemented in 1837, decree that “every member shall remain uncovered during the sessions of the House.” Those rules could be interpreted to disallow Omar from using the head covering she wears as part of her faith.

The rule change comes as part of Democrats’ broader promise to “restore inclusion and diversity” in the House. Alongside the clarification on head coverings, Democrats have also proposed to change House rules to explicitly ban LGBTQ+ discrimination and to create an independent office to promote diversity among House staff hires.

Yahoo

Arn't these the very same that keep demanding the complete and total separation of religion and state? If so where's they going to draw the line.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope they don't get anything done on this.

It is about time any Muslims find out they have to be American and fallow our rules. Since I consider the Muslim faith more of a governing body than a religion. I want NO IDENTIFIABLE MUSLIM sitting in the US congress. If they want to serve they need to lean to fallow our laws, and our way of everything they do. Fuqers

Regards, Kirk

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Democrats Want to Change a 181-Year-Old Rule to Allow Religious Headwear in the House

As they prepare to welcome two newly-elected Muslim women into the 116th Congress, Democrats have proposed a clarification to a 181-year-old rule banning representatives from wearing hats on the House floor.

If approved, the new rules would allow lawmakers to wear religious headwear, like hijabs and kippahs, once Democrats take control of the chamber in January.

Representative-elect Ilhan Omar, one of the first two Muslim women to serve in Congress, wears a headscarf. She was born in Somalia and came to the United States as a refugee.

No one puts a scarf on my head but me. It’s my choice—one protected by the first amendment.

And this is not the last ban I’m going to work to lift. https://t.co/7U3ZLTaWur

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) November 17, 2018

The proposed rule was co-authored by current House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, ranking Democrat on the Rules Committee Rep. Jim McGovern and Omar. It comes as part of the Democrats’ new House rules proposal package. The drafted changes promise to “ensure religious expression,” by “clarify[ing] in the rules that religious headwear is permitted to be worn in the House chamber.”

The current rules, which were implemented in 1837, decree that “every member shall remain uncovered during the sessions of the House.” Those rules could be interpreted to disallow Omar from using the head covering she wears as part of her faith.

The rule change comes as part of Democrats’ broader promise to “restore inclusion and diversity” in the House. Alongside the clarification on head coverings, Democrats have also proposed to change House rules to explicitly ban LGBTQ+ discrimination and to create an independent office to promote diversity among House staff hires.

Yahoo

Arn't these the very same that keep demanding the complete and total separation of religion and state? If so where's they going to draw the line.

I hope they don't get anything done on this.

It is about time any Muslims find out they have to be American and fallow our rules. Since I consider the Muslim faith more of a governing body than a religion. I want NO IDENTIFIABLE MUSLIM sitting in the US congress. If they want to serve they need to lean to fallow our laws, and our way of everything they do. Fuqers

Regards, Kirk

How about we buy red MAGA hats for the Republicans to wear? :th_lmao:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Democrats drive me crazy. They go all out to ensure our kids cannot be exposed to Christianity in any way, yet they allow classes on Muslim religion. Now they want religious headwear to be allowed in congress just for Muslims? Freakin Fugers.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
When I get elected, I'm wearing Head dress feathers and a loin cloth.:smile:

Not something ya'll wanted to picture in your mind right? :unsure:
Sorry.:laugh3:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When I get elected, I'm wearing Head dress feathers and a loin cloth.:smile:

Not something ya'll wanted to picture in your mind right? :unsure:
Sorry.:laugh3:

LOL!

Having had the pleasure of meeting you in person was a great experience I will not forget... Head dress and a loin cloth? Well I am not real sure about that one!:hide: :wink:

Regards, Kirk

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Someone had the same idea . . . :yum:

Attachments

• FEB04A2C-CB2D-47ED-ABF1-071F04E7841F.jpeg
    FEB04A2C-CB2D-47ED-ABF1-071F04E7841F.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 38

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it's already been asked, but isn't this mixing church and state??
Mike
The Constitution prohibits the establishment of an Official State Religion; it does not prohibit government from having prayers as a part of official functions, setting up Christmas trees and Chanukah menorahs, or giving Muslims time off for Ramadan. However if any part of government, at any level, does do any of these things, in order to avoid even the appearance of favoritism it should at least try do them all.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Seems to me, that She was aware of the head cover restriction before she was elected and decided to run for office anyway.