• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Boat Eye Candy

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any boat pics that are interesting in one way or another. I'll kick it off with this:
The Captain has turned on the .....

Attachments

• TheCaptainHasTurnedOn.jpg
    TheCaptainHasTurnedOn.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 299

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Brrrrrr ....

Attachments

• boateyecandy16.jpg
    boateyecandy16.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 310

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One more :wow:

Attachments

• boateyecandy4.jpg
    boateyecandy4.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 302

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I had this one in mind...; But my allowance won't cover it.

s-l1600.jpg

It's a steal at $ 395,000 US

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

s-l1600.jpg

I do think most of us can relate Franc. What we want and what we can afford to often are not even close.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

s-l1600.jpg

Franc, at one time in my life I might have been all over that but these days I'm way too old to spend my remaining years heeled over at 20°. If it doesn't sail flat ... all the time, I'm not interested. The old days were fun though. :clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good find Frank. I had seen a video of that High Speed Landing Craft pulling itself up on the beach. Very slick.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

• HighSpeedLandingCraft.jpg
    HighSpeedLandingCraft.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 288

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw this happen on Lake Powell, UT. Operator hit a hidden rock while cruising off the marked channel. I attempted to tow him to shallow water but the Park Service Officer would not let me take him in tow. It took over an hour for her to sink in deep water. Very sad to watch.

Attachments

• Boatsinks001.jpg
    Boatsinks001.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Boatsinks002.jpg
    Boatsinks002.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 283
  • Boatsinks003.jpg
    Boatsinks003.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 287

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What a shame. With Lake Powell water levels dropping I suspect that will not be the last casualty. Towing one filling with water can be dangerous but I'm with you, I'd rather try to get it to shallow water,and be ready to untie fast if needed.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody know what this boat is?

I don't know either but it certainly is a beautiful boat. The only ones that I have seen that looked like that have been classic Chris-Craft but the styling is different. No doubt, back in the day, other people made similar boats.

Sorry Franc, you were posting as I was typing. I think that you nailed it. I congratulate you.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter

s-l1600.jpg

What I fail to understand is why take a perfectly good boat and install clothes line poles to dry your sheets with? I mean, come on, with all that coin, you'd think they could afford a clothes drier.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A couple more:

Attachments

• boateyecandy9.jpg
    boateyecandy9.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 285
  • boateyecandy10.png
    boateyecandy10.png
    703.1 KB · Views: 282

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lord help me ...I ran onto this and couldn't resist. I'm a bad influence ... really don't mean to ruin the thread but ....it is a nice boat.

Attachments

• boateyecandy13.png
    boateyecandy13.png
    582.9 KB · Views: 287

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Any boat pics that are interesting in one way or another. I'll kick it off with this:
The Captain has turned on the .....

Greg, any idea what happened next?

Think the hull failed when it hit?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Greg, any idea what happened next?

Think the hull failed when it hit?
No, no idea. I suspect if the hull failed that story would have come out. I would not be surprised to hear some of the people on board suffered some injuries.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
What I fail to understand is why take a perfectly good boat and install clothes line poles to dry your sheets with? I mean, come on, with all that coin, you'd think they could afford a clothes drier.
:yum:For the record that boat is covered with "sheets" not clothes lines.

Jus'sayin':yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Lord help me ...I ran onto this and couldn't resist. I'm a bad influence ... really don't mean to ruin the thread but ....it is a nice boat.

Don't worry Doc, there is an unwritten rule in boating circles that ugly women are not allowed onboard. Just look at all the pictures and videos of boats, did you ever see one lady that looked like your grandma in a bikini? :yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here we go:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46EI0Yc8NQM"]Wider 165 Superyacht @ Fort Lauderdale Boat Show - thinking a little further - YouTube[/ame]

Wilder's 2014 entry:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=murRXYLIlzo"]Wider Yachts 32, 42, 150, 165 (Indonesia Yacht Show 2014) - YouTube[/ame]

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I ran across this U-tube this morning. Some real beauties. And boats too!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrdTNzDugTw"]Chris Craft V12, BPM engines, Antique Race Boats with Mindy - YouTube[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My New Boat!! Yeah, it's the little rubber one. :D :yum: JK

Attachments

• MyNewBoat.jpg
    MyNewBoat.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 508

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Look up the price on a hard bottom inflatable center console dinghy like that with that engine. Probably 25000 ish.