• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fuel Island Parking

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I'm on a rant. What is it that makes people park in a fuel island and go into the convenience store to pee, browse the cake, and candy isle, buy a slurpy and then pay for a hand full of junk with a credit card, all the while I am parked behind them waiting, just to buy fuel?

I only use service stations for diesel, and not all pumps will have diesel. These cars are usually gassers and are full of people who all go into the store to buy individual items for themselves. Some have kids who grab sweets and toys then have to put it all back while mom is waiting to check out.

Flying J/Pilot truck stops are the worse. Why do travelers go into truck stops? Travelers will block the diesel island without even looking for a parking space after they fuel. I have seen tour buses full of non English speaking tourist all having to pee and buy crap, while the bus is blocking the fuel island.

OK, I'm done.

Last edited:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I'm on a rant. What is it that makes people park in a fuel island and go into the convenience store to pee, browse the cake, and candy isle, buy a slurpy and then pay for a hand full of junk with a credit card, all the while I am parked behind them waiting, just to buy fuel?

I only use service stations for diesel, and not all pumps will have diesel. These cars are usually gassers and are full of people who all go into the store to buy individual items for themselves. Some have kids who grab sweets and toys then have to put it all back while mom is waiting to check out.

Flying J/Pilot truck stops are the worse. Why do travelers go into truck stops? Travelers will block the diesel island without even looking for a parking space after they fuel. I have seen tour buses full of non English speaking tourist all having to pee and buy crap, while the bus is blocking the fuel island.

OK, I'm done.

Bugs me to. When I gas up, if I'm going inside, I move my truck out of the pump line then go inside.

Rant 2. When both pumps are empty, what's with thinking the back one is better? Pull up, idiot, then two can pump at the same time.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My Dad used to call them 10 percenters. Meaning 10% of all the people are assholes. He has been gone now for 10 years. if he were alive today, he would see that number has grown exponentially.

ITSME

Rants
Are these the same people who have conversations in the the supermarket, blocking the aisle....? Or wait for a space to empty at the local Big Box store?
To mention just a few.....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is even worse when they park in front of the DIESEL pump and do that; most stations only have 1 or 2 diesel fuel islands and random parkers blocking those pumps should be given the death penalty! Or at least have their cars towed to the nearest handicapped spot because they are too mentally deficient to be allowed to drive.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
These people are the same ones who park their shopping cart in the cart park but can't seem to have the forethought to take one out of the cart park on the way to the store.
Mike

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
ok, I saw a new now today, woman with a car full of kids, pulled up to the fuel pump and just sat there, for several minutes. Turns out she was on the cell phone and couldn't move out of her seat until the conversation was over. So rude. And it was hot so I had to keep my car running to stay cool while she chatted on the phone. Only I didn't stay cool!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Pisses me off too. I always pay at the pump so I can move my vehicle for the person behind me.

I have a similar frustration. We were on our rv trip last year when we pulled into a big truck stop for fuel and to dump the tanks on the camper. They had one spot that had a dumping station for rvs. Some "new American immigrant" wearing a turban had pulled his tractor trailer unit in front of the only dumping station and proceeded to go to sleep in his bunk for a few hours. Another trucker saw me trying to get near the dump station and came over pounding on the guys sleeper to wake him up. He called the driver every name in the book saying he was giving all truckers a bad name.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
your at a stop sign and turning left on a single lane with a wide shoulder. your waiting for traffic looking both ways and someone pulls up beside you to make a right turn and blocks you view. now you have to wait for them to move so you can see.

what can you do??

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
While I too endure these frustrations (yes I always fill it and move away for the next guy) my biggest peeve is the stations with one or two pumps with both gas and diesel. Twenty gas pumps could be empty and a chick with a Ford Taurus blocks the diesel pump. Then goes in for a Pee and a latte.

I sometimes get more than annoyed so I ask them "when did they start putting diesels in these?"

No one ever seems to know the answer. OTOH I have yet to ask the same person twice. Perhaps I'm making some progress. (100 down and 330 million to go:hammer:)

Time was the diesel pump stood alone. I wish the retailers would go back to that.

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Pisses me off too. I always pay at the pump so I can move my vehicle for the person behind me.

I have a similar frustration. We were on our rv trip last year when we pulled into a big truck stop for fuel and to dump the tanks on the camper. They had one spot that had a dumping station for rvs. Some "new American immigrant" wearing a turban had pulled his tractor trailer unit in front of the only dumping station and proceeded to go to sleep in his bunk for a few hours. Another trucker saw me trying to get near the dump station and came over pounding on the guys sleeper to wake him up. He called the driver every name in the book saying he was giving all truckers a bad name.

You guys need to build a wall. A great big beautiful wall. 30 feet tall. :yum::th_lmao::yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I always park way out into the hinterlands of the parking lots for two reasons. I hate door dings and I like to walk. When I get close to the door I always see some perfectly able 20 or 30 something grabbing a handicap parking spot because they are too friggin lazy to walk.

Pisses me off.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Personally I like the newer Casey's truck and auto stops. Trucks, and diesel on one side of the store, and cars and everything else on the other side.

I find the frustration much lower there....

Not to mention We own Casey's stock... :wink:

Regards, Kirk

snowstorm

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes these are the same people that are always in front of us in line buying scratch off tickets but can’t decide which ones and then stand around in the way to scratch them off. Like in the yesteryears when they rented vhs movies in gas stations. Glad that hell is over with

Bamby

Sounds as if all need to slip a copy of this into the slot and chill out a bit....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfL7g3rL3Ko"]Old Man - YouTube[/ame]