• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Illinois Hams may soon lose ability to talk & drive.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
How about a simple rule that says the driver pledges to conduct the operations of his vehicle in a safe and controllable manner?
Uhhhhh, I believe that's already covered somewhere, as one can get ticketed for "failure to control." I believe that would be a redundant law (nothing new).

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Uhhhhh, I believe that's already covered somewhere, as one can get ticketed for "failure to control." I believe that would be a redundant law (nothing new).
Yup I beleive that is in the last line on the DL renewel test right above where you sign it. Hell even I know that and I havent taken the test since 2000. :biggrin:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
this stuff is happening all around the country think about how stupid it would be all the government vehicles with radios you could no longer use cabs police cars busses just to name a few snow plow operators truckers and utility vehicles yes it is unenforcable and would most likely be used just as a reason to pull you over and search you or just another reason to write a ticket or a direction to fault some one for an accedent yes i know that this is target at cell phone use and is seems to be a problem but the drivers compartments of our new cars are becoming buisy now days with all the goodies coming in new automobiles which is why o have a music radio plays mp3 which gives me about 6 hours of non repeated music a vhf 2 way a steering wheel heat and clutch and stick shift i don't live in my truck i c=go to and from work is all who needs t-v's back up camaras and all that other stuff also why keep changing music or radio station all the time wife drives me nuts when she does that just put in a plug of chew aand enjoy the ride home

Woody_1

I'm a truck driver, I have always said that talking on a radio is safer and easier than a cell phone. It sure seems that way to me. Cell phones are way more distracking.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a truck driver, I have always said that talking on a radio is safer and easier than a cell phone. It sure seems that way to me. Cell phones are way more distracking.

Especially when steering with their knees while texting with their hands. As I said if these people read what the law states they will see it doesn't cover truckers, emergency vehicles or even civilians reporting emergencies. The fact it doesn't mention ham operators by name makes no difference at all as they are pretty well covered also. Oh and if one must for none emergancies pull to the curb, put in park and talk/text your brains out. :whistling: