• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I am P!SSED at Chrysler

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
That 3:00 M phone call. You know the one. When my wife calls from no where CT telling me the "little icon that sorta looks like a battery" came on as she traveled to see the Grand Kids.

I'm in St Louis what can I do?:sad:

Damn Minivan only has 280,000 miles on it for criminy sakes. 1999 Dodge Caravan LE...; what were they building back then?
(Sarcasm alert)

Wish they built them that way now.:whistling:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
yep, it happened to me to.
i'm 3 miles back in the brush ,just coming out of a swamp and my winch is running. luckily the winch is out of gear. so I push the in out winch switch for the winch and every thing shuts off. scared me,long walk home and one big hill I call conoary hill.
I blew a ignition fuse.
80 hrs on a 2016 $18,000 Polaris. testing at home shows it still pops a fuse. no codes come up.
I just walked away and in for lunch now.
I hope your Chrysler and wife are ok

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
yep, it happened to me to.
i'm 3 miles back in the brush ,just coming out of a swamp and my winch is running. luckily the winch is out of gear. so I push the in out winch switch for the winch and every thing shuts off. scared me,long walk home and one big hill I call conoary hill.
I blew a ignition fuse.
80 hrs on a 2016 $18,000 Polaris. testing at home shows it still pops a fuse. no codes come up.
I just walked away and in for lunch now.
I hope your Chrysler and wife are ok

They are both fine today,,,; thanks.

Sounds like you have a dead short in the winch.

I am very happy with Chrysler products I bought during the 90's. A Jeep, a one ton dually pickup and a '99 Dodge Caravan LE. Frankly the products made during their tenuous relationship with Daimler were great. Anything built with Daranelli at the helm sucks. We inherited a 2003 Town and Country Minivan and it's quality and reliability is plain awful by comparison. 55K and it is toast.

Cathy makes the 1,155 mile trip to Ct about 5 times a year. ALONE! The '99 is comfortable and reliable. Even with all those miles. But given it's age and the longevity of those trips, there have been some minor issues on the road after 230K miles.

Wiper motor, fan belt Idler and now the alternator. Which was functioning miraculously when they went back to rescue it this morning. It is entirely possible that the problem was a high drain from the inverter she had on to keep her laptop up. Or just a bad battery cable.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am pissed to, with a 99 Durango..

Never had a recall as those made in 2000 and up did...

At 185,000 I did have to replace the transmission. The only major component. The alternator and fan belt idler were done a while back. It see's most of it's use in the winter time. Rust is starting to take it's toll.

Our 2010 300C has had the main computer replaced after a series of check engine light trips to the dealer, and a complete new exhaust system was installed, all under warranty. No troubles since, at 90,000 on the clock...

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the nearest I have come to a Chrysler is a 37 dodge truck. my father had a good car with a slant six when I was in school. I can't remember what that was.