• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LA Military Exercises

SShepherd

LOS ANGELES (CNS) - Joint military training exercises will be held evenings in downtown Los Angeles through Thursday, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

The LAPD will be providing support for the exercises, which will also be held in other portions of the greater Los Angeles area, police said.

Training sites ``have been carefully selected to ensure the event does not negatively impact the citizens of Los Angeles and their daily routine,'' a department official said.

The training, which a department official said would involve helicopters, has been coordinated with local authorities and owners of the training sites, police said.

Police said safety precautions have been taken to prevent risk to the general public and military personnel involved.

The exercises are closed to the public, police said.

The exercises are designed to ensure the military's ability to operate in urban environments, prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployments, and meet mandatory training certification requirements, police said.

Posted by David Perez
KFI News

Read more: http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/NEWS.html?article=9653697#ixzz1kS1dVY7X

umm, what urban environment are they training for ?? I'm not sure there's a city we're currently thinking of deploying to thats similar to LA

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Martial law tune up!:w00t2:Look for a rerun of the early warning system about the end of March.:whistling:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The national guard tried this shit in Iowa a few years back. Before the big day, at least 6 militia gruops let it be known they would be there when the town they chose to "invade" was blocked off to be "searched". Needless to say they canceled the event.

I wonder if the new laws that take away our freedoms, our citizenship, and declare us terrorists have something to do with this event...

Hope the locals don't take well to this.:hammer:

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The national guard tried this shit in Iowa a few years back. Before the big day, at least 6 militia gruops let it be known they would be there when the town they chose to "invade" was blocked off to be "searched". Needless to say they canceled the event.

I wonder if the new laws that take away our freedoms, our citizenship, and declare us terrorists have something to do with this event...

Regards, Kirk

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State.

The loonies on the left will say the Second Amendment is irrelevant. See why Kirk? :ermm:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This may seem a silly question.. But given the last ten years of our boys and girls doing"actual" urban combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan, why do we need to do more training of it in LA?

Think about the possible point of that question before you answer.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

OH really.:ermm:

Some here questioned me when I reported that a while back. Thanks for the verification.:flowers:

grizzer

Conditioning -- for the day you shuffle into the back of a deuce and a half for the trip to FEMA camp.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Chinese attack on our west coast to keep us busy while they reclaim Taiwan and the South China Sea. I need a nap now. :whistling:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
<sarcasm>

They're preparing for the arrival of the aliens. Didn't you see that movie, "Battle Los Angeles"?

</sarcasm>