• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BC Canada RV trip

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking forward to an RV trip into BC Canada early summer. We will be picking up our lab at the dog trainers in ID the first of June, then on up into Canada for an open ended trip.

Any help with suggestions of sites to see in BC would be appreciated.

TIA

Dean

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Enjoy. Should be a nice trip. One day we may make it out there. The only thing is what's in between us and the rockies and that's two straight days of prairie driving. Which I hate doing.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Can't help any as I've never been there. It would take me a week of driving just to get there in the RV so I'll not take on that journey as I don't like driving that far without a few days break along the route. I'd do it the civilized way, flying. :biggrin: My wife tells me it's beautiful.

Hope you guys have a great time!!!! :clap:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
get you pets shots up to date and even a letter from the vet helps but not necessary. nra or gun stickers on your vehicle isn't a good idea when entering.
jim

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Update. I delayed taking the pup to the kennel until June 15. I continued on up through ID, OR, WA, and on into Canada at Vancouver B. C. Two days in Vancouver, ferried over to Vancouver Island for two days. Weather was perfect. Lots of people though. We stayed in Sidney on the island and drove to the sights. Glad to not be in Victoria, too many people.

Took the Black Ball ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles, WA. Drove hwy. 101 down the coast of Wa, OR, CA. Wonderful time along the coast with perfect weather.

Hwy 101 is in great shape in WA and OR, miserable shape in northern CA. Not a coincidence either. The geography is similar along the coast in all three states. CA has let the road go for so long that it will never be right again, in my lifetime. I finally gave up and cut across the coastal range using hwy 299 to I-5 at Redding CA. Heading east tomorrow to Lake Tahoe, NV and then on home to southern UT. The heat has moderated.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I like hearing about others rv journeys. We're doing another 3 week trip this August. Heading to southern Ontario to visit her sister's family for a few days. Do Niagara falls and marine land. Then cross over into southern Michigan and work our way up through Wisconsin and Minnesota

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You should enjoy Lake Tahoe. It's beautiful. Then again, you've been through some beautiful country already or so I'm told. I'm jealous.

What are you driving on those windy roads?