• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pics of your boat

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Geeeeez Fred!! And I get excited at 55!!! I'd have to bring along a change of britches on PV!!:tiphat: :beer: :beer: :a1: :4_11_9:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
I think that's a nice way to say HOLY SH!T :eek: :D
Dang... I've never been even close to that speed on water.
Me too neither, but I bet it's great!!:coolshade :coolshade :a1:

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Fred - that is awesome!!

Let me know if you need some added weight to hold down the navigators side when it warms up. My boat's in Saugutuck and I'd be happy to come down and help!:wave:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
PV should be ready by June. Being an open boat, no sense putting it in much sooner than that. But once it is ready for water, if ever anybody is near St Joe on the weekend, let me know ahead of time. I always need an excuse to go for a boar ride!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's my 1974 16'9" O'Day Daysailer.

Attachments

• 6560_Beached_3.jpg
    6560_Beached_3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 237

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Anyone ever see one of these? The trailer is built into the boat's (steel) hull. Tongue goes into a reciever in the front and wheels retract in the belly.

Attachments

• Land & Sea 2.JPG
    Land & Sea 2.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 289
  • Land & Sea.JPG
    Land & Sea.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 298

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a good woman that can appreciate the delight of a fine sailing vessel over a smoke-belcher. You should keep her. :showerSex

JimR

Charter Member
bobpierce said:
It's a good woman that can appreciate the delight of a fine sailing vessel over a smoke-belcher. You should keep her. :showerSex

You can't water ski or pull a tube fast on the back of a blow boat. I personally like to get out and have fun with my boat and to go fishing. I also like to see as much as I can in a day as possible. Maybe someday when I get really old (dead) I'll buy her one.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
JimR said:
... You can't water ski or pull a tube fast on the back of a blow boat. ...

Not true Jim. I have skied behind a catamaran once. (Was for a $20 bet, and I was alot younger and thinner then...)

JimR

Charter Member
Av8r3400 said:
Not true Jim. I have skied behind a catamaran once. (Was for a $20 bet, and I was alot younger and thinner then...)

I have never seen a sailboat go fast enough up here to pull a skier. That includes on any of the lakes or at the ocean where there is only a prevailing 5mph wind. You must have picked a good day with a lot of wind.

JimR

Charter Member
Av8r3400 said:
Anyone ever see one of these? The trailer is built into the boat's (steel) hull. Tongue goes into a reciever in the front and wheels retract in the belly.

So what the heck kind of boat is that? That sure would lighten the load with no trailer.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Th boat was a steel floating (kinda) tank that would hardly get out of its own way with 150 hp on the back.

I skied behind a 22' catamaran on lake Petenwell in central Wisconsin. The wind was modest, but as anyone who sails can tell you wind speed is not the max speed of a sail boat. 5 mph winds can get you 15 mph of speed (or more) with the right boat. That day if I remember correctly the wind was 10-15 and that would make that boat's speed 20-25 mph.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I skied behind a sailbote once at about 50mph. Then I skied next to it. Then in front of it.

I tend to be behind sailbotes too often. They should be outlawed. It's a shame all the pollution created in the manufacture of those nylon/rayon/whatever sails.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Know what you mean! The lakes around here are just starting to freeze over. Good reminder of what I can look forward to next summer though.

daedong

I took my boat for a spin today just to blow the cobwebs out. The reason is I am heading of for a week of sea fishing soon.
boat1november.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good pictures guys. I like all boating pictures. :thumb:

Vin, is that the boat you were fabricating a year or so ago. Either way it looks good.

I haven't put my latest addition in this thread. 20 year old gibson:

Attachments

• DSCF0033r.JPG
    DSCF0033r.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 226

JeffSpencer

More...

Attachments

• Mako Running4 6207.JPG
    Mako Running4 6207.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Mako Docked Stern.jpg