• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Car stereo stuff...

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I was always into my stereo equipment (as some may recall, I cannot play a lick, but I do enjoy music). So, at the urging of my son, I've been putting in a rather powerful audio system in my little Jeep Cherokee I bought. I've already bought most all of the stuff and have spent many nights setting everything up right. One suggestion is what type of alternator I can put in my Jeep to keep from killing my battery. Okay, so far, here is the basis of what I have:

* I like Rockford Fosgate equipment, so I've stayed with them for amps. To drive the subs, I have (2) two of these amps. T15002 1500 Watt 2-Channel Amplifiers . To run the surround speakers, I have one T15004 1500 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier

To keep the lights from going out on bass beats and to try to help battery and alternator life, I have this cap in line CPCC25 25 Farad Competition Capacitor

For speakers, I've always been partial to Infinity. I have (4) four of these 12" subs I'm trying to get placed in the back of the Jeep with the amps Kappa Perfect DVQ subs Due to size restrictions, this is all I can fit into the doors and the rear overhead factory speaker housings Kappa Perfect 6.1 I have 4 of these I had to buy new. I have 4 of the Infinity 5X7's from a previous installation but they would not work. Maybe I can get them installed in my truck sometime later. :thumb:

Call me cheap, but I did have a Kenwood Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 head unit from a previous install and that's what I used for a head unit. I'm taking a break now trying to figure out how to get all the subs configured in the rear and leave my full sized spare inside. I'm just curious, does anyone else have any "toy" car stereo systems?