• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This is an interesting exchange !

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm really torn by this.discussion of late term abortions. I was one of those who held that it was murder, plain and simple. Former Surgeon General C Everitt Coup called it "infanticide" and stated flatly there was no medical reason for the practice. A young woman who is not my daughter but calls me Dad had a late term abortion and I have held her while she cried and prayed for forgivness. I thought my views were rock solid right.

About two years ago a young man I worked for and his wife were expecting. Shortly before delivery she developed an infection which if untreated would have killed her. The Dr's explained to him they could save her or the baby but if they tried to save both they would lose both. He chose to save his wife's life and the child was aborted. Shot the Hell out of my rock solid convictions.

I cry for both of these women. The first was simply a convienience abortion. The second a medical necessity. One was murder the other mercy. Where's the line drawn? I don't know.

benspawpaw

i have my own ideas about this which have been written in other threads. i chose not to do that here so as not to offend or hurt others. i too know people who have for one reason or another done this, not late term but early, and those i know are haunted by thoughts of what might have been had the child been born. so i will not be critical of anyone who has had to decide if a child lives or dies. god will take care of that one day, but one thing, all you have to do is ask god to forgive you one time, and it is done as far as he is concerned. he doesnt hold it over you ever again. shame we cant be like that.:flowers: