• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sno(w) cat serenade, march 13-16, 2020

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
add the fun tracks family from Minnesota to those great folks coming to Sun Valley......

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3b9.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3b9.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 387

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Gmoose, boy did it snow and lots of it, as of this morning, Sun Valley has the 12 inch of new snow and more on the way...winter has arrived

Gmoose, did you get snow at your place?

Not much snow here yet, less than a 1/4" at my house. We are suppose to get some weather as the week progresses. Kind of glad no snow yet, the Frandee is on jack stands. Been working on the Tucker so much I have neglected Frandee. So decided to get her ready for the season, found failed lip seals and corroded inner wheel bearings on all four idler axles. New seals and bearing are here, should have those replaced tomorrow. Now the worst, I found out why she was not braking right very well, cracked brake hub, brake slave cylinder tweaked open, brake fluid all over the place. Can't get a new hub, odd ball size, doing a cast iron weld repair, then an external band to help take the load. Should work until I eventually find a replacement brake drum. Also had a broken brake pad on the other right drive axle. No fear though, she will be back on her tracks in a couple days, and definitely ready for Sun Valley. Let it snow!!!

it's all about downhill

Nuts
GOLD Site Supporter
okay,

the original block of rooms are now all reserved,

I have requested and was given additional rooms and they are available now,

I will hold them only till November 30th 2019,

so, for those that are still thinking, might be best to make your reservation very soon,

otherwise you will be thinking about what you missed,

so many great people are coming and sure looks like it will be EPIC

if no snow tracs and Kristi come, so be it, no snow tracs or kristis',

the rest of us will have a wonderful time and thank you to all that are coming....

Mrs Downhill and I just ran across this thread this morning and had a room reserved well before we got to this post. Better late than timing is everything while choosing luck over skill

:letitsnow:

I don't know a lot of good things about Switzerland, but their flag is a big plus

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Mrs Downhill and I just ran across this thread this morning and had a room reserved well before we got to this post. Better late than timing is everything while choosing luck over skill

:letitsnow:

I don't know a lot of good things about Switzerland, but their flag is a big plus

hmmmmm, where have you been? we've been looking for you.....

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3bb.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3bb.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 346

it's all about downhill

Nuts
GOLD Site Supporter
Pontoon Princess;hmmmmm said:
Hauling nuts up and down Oregon, Roseburg to Aurora for the Hazelnut
Harvest.
Good times, 2 months, 9,000 miles, 1,300,000 pounds.
Does that qualify me to unload the crazy with a winter of skiing?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you to everyone that has made reservations, we have an amazing group of people attending, over 30 rooms booked with folks from both coasts and even a couple from Europe, this will be a very memorable event and the variety of snow cats even more impressive.

On March 14, 2020, we will be having dinner at Trail Creek Cabin, this is very special, 40 minute horse drawn sleigh ride from Sun Valley Inn to the Trail Creek, 4 course dinner, great friends, and unbelievable venue.

Now is the time to make reservations by calling Lori Takahashi at 208 622 2135, we will be doing the 6:30 ride and dinner, the cost is $129.00 per person, plus tax, do tell Lori you are with the Sno Cat Gathering group, and she will make sure we ride as a group in the sleighs and will be seated together at dinner.

fyi, I understand if you wish to make other plans for dinner, you will be missed

Again, this event has taken on a special feel with so many great folks coming, thank you, thank you, thank you...

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 292

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you to everyone that has made reservations, we have an amazing group of people attending, over 30 rooms booked with folks from both coasts and even a couple from Europe, this will be a very memorable event and the variety of snow cats even more impressive.

On March 14, 2020, we will be having dinner at Trail Creek Cabin, this is very special, 40 minute horse drawn sleigh ride from Sun Valley Inn to the Trail Creek, 4 course dinner, great friends, and unbelievable venue.

Now is the time to make reservations by calling Lori Takahashi at 208 622 2135, we will be doing the 6:30 ride and dinner, the cost is $129.00 per person, plus tax, do tell Lori you are with the Sno Cat Gathering group, and she will make sure we ride as a group in the sleighs and will be seated together at dinner.

fyi, I understand if you wish to make other plans for dinner, you will be missed

Again, this event has taken on a special feel with so many great folks coming, thank you, thank you, thank you...
earl and I aren't missing this. just registered

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdeeeee boys, sure glad you two fellows will be par-takin' in the 'get together '
in Ideehoo

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_28d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_28d.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 285

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
So your saying “ what happens In sun valley stays in Sun valley “?:weneedpic:weneedpic I am booking separate rooms.......:)

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian and Brian Jr are in! Wife and youngest have to sit out this one out unfortunately.

We will be chasing fresh tracks and open sno cat seats! Thanks in advance.

great to have Brian and Brian from Massachusette...

Attachments

• 40f17515e0315d6a409f588548a20d70--graphic-posters-poster-prints.jpg
    40f17515e0315d6a409f588548a20d70--graphic-posters-poster-prints.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 224

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Also just so everybody is clear on our accents people like so much, the USA started here for the most part so the history books say. So we will be looking forward to y'all's accents.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
sir, that is *All Y'all's*

the event has more than one attendee.....

I find it tough to be understood outside of the midwest....
although I do know where the R goes in Car keys

easten-neers may not have any IDEAR.

vintagebike

Better bring protection

Since "what happens in Sun Valley stays in Sun Valley" and Sophie is getting an EFI upgrade we figured that a Pertronix rev limiter was in order. But where to draw the RPM line for the old girl?
F02AB370-45FF-4E03-9B42-A557C72FEEB3.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
last year I bought a pertronix electronic distributer with a built in rev limiter. since then I turned the limiter off. I had it stalling at times then taking off like a short. it looked like a well built product but my snow trac came with a Porsche tachometer instead of a spedo . I chose to just watch it closer.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
winter has settled in and time to focus on the snow catting side of this adventure

will be bringing you some on the ground in area reports soon, meanwhile the snowtel sites are reporting 3 plus feet in the Sawtooths and winter has just begun

Howdy and Merry Christmas to all

Attachments

• sun_valley_vintage_poster_4__19044.1456699180.1280.1280.jpg
    sun_valley_vintage_poster_4__19044.1456699180.1280.1280.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 540

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
looking like we will have a Big Gun from the midwest coming out to join us,

again thank you to all the have made reservations

Merry Christmas,

hope you all get new grousers under the snow cat tree

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3c6.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3c6.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning,

It looks like we have about 30 some rooms booked with many people staying an extra day or 2, nice...

it looks like, this might/will be the largest gathering of Snow Tracks outside of Europe, and rumor has it, 1 or 2 Snow Track guys from Europe have made reservations, awesome...

and, so far, have people from NJ, Mass, NY, Wi, Ca, Wa, Mt, Co, Ak, Wy, Id, Ut, Canada and oh, yeah, Oregon. Several will be attending a jamboree for the first time.

Thank you to everyone for making reservations so quickly, even when there is no snow on the ground, it is a great way to meet up and say hi to old cat friends and meet a new one or two.

PP

Merry Christmas to all...

and the new year will bring nearly 40 rooms full of snow cat folks to the snow cat serenade, a gathering of old grousers in Sun Valley, idaho. So, looking forward to seeing everyone and we do have more than enough room in the back country for everyone.

thank you to everyone for making this such a fabulous gathering by coming.

again,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
looking at those neat pictures ,my old clothing and 30+yr old cat I should blend right in. we could even make a vintage postcard.
jim

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200108-065440_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200108-065440_Chrome.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 188