• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

75' bombi body?

Orourkebrad546

Hey gang, I have a 1975 bombardier bombi that I've owned for several years, but when I bought it, it had a body made out of plywood on it. Then a couple years back I removed the wooden body and was going to make a custom stainless steel body for it, but just haven't gotten around to it. I was wondering if anyone knows of someplace where I may come up with a original fiberglass body for it?

undy

A 40 year old machine? I'll venture a guess that there are no more NOS bodies left, but ya never know.

I'd think that the only place to get one now is to buy a "parts" machine. But you could try either Prinoth or Minn. Outdoors too.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I never like the body on my 80 because of that open overlap below the rearof the doors. it always let water in.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I would be willing to bet mnoutdoors has one in their yard also hire Nixon to build you a basic one he has some outstanding skills for building cabs

snowcatt

Where are you located ? Do you need the cab hood and doors or just the fiberglass hood
I have what you need PM me and well talk

Orourkebrad546

I am in northern lower Michigan, @50 miles south of the mackinaw bridge.
And I need the whole entire body, but would take whatever I can get.

my second cat was a m-29----came with a wooden body---looked like a cho cho train----you sat over the rear end what a trick it was to drive in the woods---I built a new modern looking cab----iam in the fab. biz.----it takes hours and hours to build----one idea I have always had was to use the cab off of a foreign cab over truck like an iszu/iveco ect.----putting your feet out over the frt. of the tracks and most of the cabs have a slight curve to them in the frt. where they sat over the wheels in the frt.-----the cab has everything you need in it---windows/doors/heat/blower motors/wipers ect.----if your slick you could make it tip for motor and drive line repairs

Orourkebrad546

Well I guess you just never know until you ask. Thanks snowcatt for the body for my 41 year old machine, I can't wait until I get back home, slap some paint on the body to get rid of the fugly yellow, and get the bombi back out of the garage!

snowcatt

All the best with your project Bud . Keep in touch.
send photos before you start and when your done
Im just Happy to get another bombi back on the road or in the bush as it would be
I think there an amazing little machine .