• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Glass seal for fixed panels

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have found trim lock for a two piece lock seal.

www.trimlok.com

the product LK0135 looks to be real close to the snow trac molding.
Half the price of grainger or rock auto.
in addition to the snow trac repairs, I intend to use this seal on the replacement needs i have on the thiokol machines as well. basically 1/4 Glass to 1/16 sheet metal.

Has anyone had any luck with the more complex window seals and the sliding window moldings like the moldings used in imp and spryte doors?

Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope you get it up and running this winter. :whistling::wink:

Michigan in Febuary will be here in no time! :clap:

Sliding windows would be cool. Hope you figure that one out!

Regards, Kirk

groomer08

just so you know,
any competent Glass company should have that molding/insert.
just ask if they can replace windows in equipment?
my glass guy hates doing them, but he has rolls of the rubber.
also all glass shops use CR laurence as theyre main supplier. gaskets, aluminum, screen door hardware etc. their book is 3" thick.

I replaced the sliding window seals in my Spryte I had about 14 years ago. I went to the local glass company and they matched up a seal that was as close to factory as it gets. It was a pain to put in and was real tight once installed but was better than the old seal that allowed the window to open up when I wanted it to stay closed.

Randy

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is my experience in the Upper midwest.

Safe lite auto glass is a belron company..... they have gobbled up most of the (competent auto glass companys) small guys, it appears they CAN get the gaskets and WILL do it, however there is a long delay and a healthy price tag.

I must be a cheap Bass turd. I have ordered a complete roll 100' of two piece lock for the snow trac. A set of zipper tools for less than the quote from our local safe lite.
We have a commercial glass company that can source the CL laurence product....
Tri City Glass will be getting an order for my SPryte window that rattles open.....

Thanks for the pointers.

groomer08

nothing good ever comes out of safelite.
they actually produce ALOT of their own windshields, and are alot THINNER then a LOF or factory windshield. also the urethane they use to glue it in is GARBAGE.
ive seen tests showing their windshield job going up against a airbag and the bag blows it right out of the car...whereas a independant glass shop installed a windshield in the SAME model car, airbag deployed and merely cracked the windshield.

yes you can order it cheaper then they will do the job, and believe me you will see why they charge what they charge. its a AGGREVATION charge. hehe
with that said, keep the gasket and lock someplace WARM before u try to install it. that stuff is as flexible as concrete at temps below 50.
everybody always knocks machine windows out in the winter...we use to put the gasket on dash, blast heat and go get coffee, drink said coffee, then try and wrestle with it.
sometimes you get lucky if the gods are smiling on you.(1 in 10 windows....MAYBE)