• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 442 front trunion issues

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good job. I would drill and tap the grease fittings to both be on the top of the new bushing. Run a grease line from the rear one forward so that you can easily grease the rear and front at the same location. With all the photos you have, you should be able to determine if there will be enough clearance to the pan. Love it when repairs are done right.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
One thing on this repair I did not address was the wear on the front roller. Looks like 1/16-1/8 of this is worn or oblong along with a little wear on the steel plate in the turn table it rides on. I will be good for awhile but eventually the frame will hit over life.

The inside bushings on the roller are fine. Don't really want to mill a whole new one up.

Do you think I can build up the roller with weld and re turn it? Other suggestions?