• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Got up at 6am as usual. First step to the floor landed me on my a$$ as my left leg gave out on me. Spent most of the day laying in bed yesterday with severe back pain which affected the use of my legs. Going to be a 2 cane day and I'll be lucky if I make it outside.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear. Hope things get better today.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
doctor's visit & then likely a pub if she does not slap my teensy 'lil self inpatient-- she incessantly pushes me to pack on pudge & i cannot--

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
No fun at all. Some days I feel I retired just to keep up with my appointments. :puke2: A necessary evil I guess.
Yep. That's how it goes. If it's not physio it's the doctor. If not that then my lawyer. Or kids dental or orthodontist appointments. It's a full time job. Then trying to do it all with both legs not feeling well and having to use two canes to walk. Never ends.

Gunsrus

I'm waiting to see what kind of a mess is going to be made by Catalonia's independence movement today. It's a joke, a farce that never had a leg to stand on from the day it was born. I ain't living close to where the ruckus is happening, but I'm pretty sure that tomorrow Catalonia's going to have a big tantrum over not getting their candy.

Pathetic. :hammer:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i shave a 'lil of my this 1 piece of my tresses, & my pal said he would take me to have them trim that @ my salon; i've gotta see if my stylist is on, & if my eyebrow sugaring person is there-- not that i have brows; they're naturally gorgeous``
once i get sugaring

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just trying to get through the day. Both legs cramping and tingling from the waist down. Back throbbing. Hurts walking 20 feet using 2 canes for support.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Just trying to get through the day. Both legs cramping and tingling from the waist down. Back throbbing. Hurts walking 20 feet using 2 canes for support.

Hang tough ! I know that it's easy to say ,damned hard to do . This afternoon , I got a call from my Oncologist . Been dancing with something called Double hit Large Split B cell Lymphoma for a bit over 4 years . Seems we could get most , but not all of it . Well other than some fluid around the left lung , which is a relatively easy fix ,the Lymphoma appears to be gone given the results of my latest PET/ CT scan .
So, keep hopefull ,try and keep your sense of humor ,and fight like hell . It may be a slog ,but you gotta believe in better days ahead .
All the best to You ! John

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
cleaning-- my kitties get into items so odd, i give in on figuring their logic-- there is a sock on my floor; there is a baby wipe packet on my floor, 2 baby wipes that were once in my trashcan, as well as a colander, a pabst can, a prescription bottle, a pen, & a pill bottle that i'd put in my trashcan--
my doctors hafta switch my feeding tube again, too-- they deteriorate kinda often

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Heading to Minneapolis today for a concert. It's a 6 hour drive for us. I'm letting my lovely wife drive since I'll be passed out on pain meds. That's the only way I can make the trip.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heading to Minneapolis today for a concert. It's a 6 hour drive for us. I'm letting my lovely wife drive since I'll be passed out on pain meds. That's the only way I can make the trip.

Wow, 6 hours for a concert. Have a great time. Who are you going to see?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, 6 hours for a concert. Have a great time. Who are you going to see?
6 hours is nothing for us northerners. We are seeing Chris Tomlin. He's basically the king of Christian music. We saw him 2 years ago in Minneapolis. Roughly 10k people there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Take care ruger.

Spent the day yesterday in a vehicle with 3 kackling women. Sore and recovering today. Picked up the dogs from the kennel this morning. Went to the 10am service. Not much else planned. I just need to rest. Legs are very sore and numb today. It's a 2 cane day.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got an early 57th birthday present from Melen. A whole leg of Iberian Ham, dry aged for 4 years. Been getting these most every year for about the past decade. They are the best hams in the world (obviously my opinion) and come from black pigs that have only been fed acorns. Similar, but more intensely flavored, than Italian Procuitto.

These thing hang from the ceilings of delis, markets and bars all over Spain. Sliced thin and served with a good cheese, a crusty bread and some wine it makes for a simple but satisfying meal. It will take a full month to eat this whole thing. The dry cure aging and its coating of fat keeps it from rotting. Just as in Spain, its covered in cheese cloth when we are not eating it.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_589f.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_589f.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 122

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow. That looks awesome. Once you cut into it how long does it last until the meat goes bad? Do you refrigerate once you cut into it? Would love to try this, I'd never heard of it before.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree. Looks awesome.

Today was a write off for me. About the only thing I managed to do was get dressed. Splitting headache. Back throbbing. Abs burning. Legs tingling. Feet numb. Oh well. I did have plans to drive out to camp to finish winterizing things and change the axle on the quad.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Changed the oil in my truck and rust proofed the chassis and inside the doors and fenders with bar & chain oil. Used 2 1/2 gallons. My truck is ready for winter, almost. I still need to replace the resister for the blower motor so I have the rest of the speeds besides just high speed. :w00t2:

20171018_113409.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Got an early 57th birthday present from Melen. A whole leg of Iberian Ham, dry aged for 4 years. Been getting these most every year for about the past decade. They are the best hams in the world (obviously my opinion) and come from black pigs that have only been fed acorns. Similar, but more intensely flavored, than Italian Procuitto.

These thing hang from the ceilings of delis, markets and bars all over Spain. Sliced thin and served with a good cheese, a crusty bread and some wine it makes for a simple but satisfying meal. It will take a full month to eat this whole thing. The dry cure aging and its coating of fat keeps it from rotting. Just as in Spain, its covered in cheese cloth when we are not eating it.

Now that is what ole' TR calls a damn nice gift. I remember seeing those hanging in my days in Barcelona and Palma. Besides my appetite back then for a San Miguel, or two or more, I loved to eat when I hit the beach.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Drove an hour to camp. Changed the broken axle on the quad. Finished winterizing everything. Tarped the boat. Busy day. Now I'm paying for it. Head is pounding and can barely move.
a8a2831f723c4b3823f1f0bfd4aa7e09.jpg
9e71935789ac79ec3903dc9a4c49b03b.jpg

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Did some yard work , sharpened a few chains ,fixed an MS 250 for a neighbor . Then went online and ordered 2 chinese MS250 knockoff saws . A little over $100 each . A few of the parts will need to be replaced with oem stuff . But they actually can be made to run fairly well .
One’s for me ,one’s for myBIL as a Christmas gift . They come as a box of parts in bags ,no instructions :punk:Can’t wait to see the look on my BIL’s face when he realizes the no instructions part . . .

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a colonoscopy this morning. Fun times.

I have a history of polyps so I get these every 3 years now. Found more today. Cut them out, sent them for testing but the doctor doesn't think they look like there is anything to worry about.

No need to cut life short by avoiding a colonoscopy. No its not pleasant, but the prep before the procedure is worse than the procedure.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
spent a few inpatient, they somehow made my feeing tube clog (they wouldn't listen to me on matters of my feeding tube that i've dealt w/ since way when ago, seeing as to how i'm simply me, & don't have a doctorate), & so i got my new one-- then my best pal & me got Chinese food & went to have a few beverages, & we went shopping, & i put new food in my pantry/fridge, as i let my Mom have a cleaning frenzy while i was inpatient-- a bottle of balsamic vinegar can sure make a pantry ucky when it's blown its cork, lemme tell u--

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
... a bottle of balsamic vinegar can sure make a pantry ucky when it's blown its cork, lemme tell u--

Been there. Don't have to tell me. But damn it sure makes so many foods taste great if you use it right :biggrin:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
went to watch that game-- stilllers won, & there was food, to boot, & bourdain is on cnn @ 9:00 in pgh-- i'll be watching that~~

Status
Not open for further replies.