• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

st4 snow trac trelleborg 300x100 522 wheel assm

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Due to no snow here in Anchorage and between field jobs I figured I start going threw the wheel bearings on the L300 x 100 522 tire wheel assm. What I am doing is disassemble inspect bearing reseal and repack with arctic grease. Anyone have any suggestions on the finer points of assembly of the bearing seals parts #? I did see the bearing and part # posted but haven’t been able to find the post again.
I did not completely take the bearing out of this wheel, I just cleaned out the cavity. want to wait till I have the seals on hand
I am also making a wrench for the nut on the wheels. I found a snapon antenna socket that is close but not quite…L
One wheel I want to replace leaning toward the Alpine tires and hoping they have wheels assembly’s, unless thers a better idea around
Happy new year!
Steve

Attachments

• DSCN6462.JPG
    DSCN6462.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 362
  • DSCN6464.JPG
    DSCN6464.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCN6465.JPG
    DSCN6465.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 369
  • DSCN6466.JPG
    DSCN6466.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 357
  • DSCN6470.JPG
    DSCN6470.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 353
  • DSCN6469.JPG
    DSCN6469.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 365

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the last 3 days I been mounting new solid tires myself. bearings all were good so never looked for a part number . but I did notice this sealed bearing.
DSC00821.jpg

Benak

I'm going through my idlers now and have the same bearing P/N but not a sealed version, I wouldn't expect to see sealed bearings in this application with the grease fitting in the middle of the hub and seals out board of the bearings... what have others seen?

Attachments

• idler bearing.jpg
    idler bearing.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 198