• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pontoon help and recommendations for 1962 Tucker 443

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe he is referring to the tab the roller mounts to which is welded to each side of the grouser bar.

Sounds he needs one of these in the cab Dave!

Attachments

• muscledraulic.jpg
    muscledraulic.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 148

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That and a couple spare grousers. Actually, if he was a member of the 30GC, he would be able to fix that problem 4 times!

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
I believe he is referring to the tab the roller mounts to which is welded to each side of the grouser bar.

Yeah, that thingy on the grouser that the roller is connected to, you can tell I never made it to pontoon school, snow days. Took it out this morning for a shakedown and it is still connected. The 'ear' was broke and missing when I got the cat so I made one and attempted to weld it with 'easy TIG' filler metal that can weld any dis-similar metals together. This time I used the silicon bronze filler which worked much better.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457633961.379797.jpg

We got 6" of wet snow overnight on top of the 12 inches of ice crusted base which made for a rough mogul ride. Here is 2 minutes of the loop around the 'backyard'

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457634206.072344.jpg

http://youtu.be/jbjDsqucwXw

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gotcha- when you said the welded ear had broken, I wasn't aware you were talking about one that had already been repaired. I was trying to figure out how it could be possible to shear off that outside plate at the original welds.

Snow. Like TA said, yesterday was the warmest day ever recorded before March 17th in NH.