• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol Mico Master cylinder bleeding

R

Reddog

Hi Gang,
In an effort to get the 1201 that I am selling to run and steer, I am rebuilding one of teh MC's. I have Mico kits, and their directions, but the bench bleeding procedure that Mico provides for the high pressure cylinder requires some additional gizmo to bleed the system. Anybody have any input on bench bleeding the 2 stage, high pressure Mico master cylinders??

Treewizzard

You should be able hook up a small hose to the master an loop it back into the resivor for bleeding. Justmakesur you have plenty brake fluid in resivor brfore you start and make sure the hose stays submerged. When you bleed it it is important to make sure that you push the master slow and full strokes for proper bleeding. Good luck

R

Reddog

Thanks for the tips. That is what I have done so far and I have some brake pressure. The setup shown in the instructions is a little different. I'll try to scan and post the pics and text in the instruction sheet.