• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wanted - Power cord for a Dell laptop

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Anyone have a spare power cord for a Dell laptop? Can't find where mine went to. I have the power supply, just need the cord from the plug to the power supply. thanks Junk....

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
Anyone have a spare power cord for a Dell laptop? Can't find where mine went to. I have the power supply, just need the cord from the plug to the power supply. thanks Junk....

Hmmmm...I jsut might have one. Is this the type with the big flat area for your thumb to grab hold?

AndyM

Charter Member
Junkman said:

Can't find it? Did you check the garage? :whistle:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Junk,

Which type of plug do you need where it plugs into the power supply?
There's a couple variations.
One has 3 prongs in a triangular shape, the other has 3 in a straight line with 2 connected together and the 3rd prong by itself.

Brian

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Junkman, post a photo of the receptacle in the power supply, and I'll look around.

If it's the three-in-a-triangle with flat cable, they are hard to find in good condition. Might as well buy new, or from Ebay.

My friend who bids surplus equipment auctions had dozens of Dell laptops but only half as many of those cords, when I took in my daughter to get her a dorm laptop.

Also, there is a recall for some of the S/N's of this power supply (photo) due to spontaneous fire. You might want to research that.

Attachments

• IMG_2903r-DellPS.gif
    IMG_2903r-DellPS.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Hutchman

Site Supporter
I just had 3 of those recalled PA-6 power supplies replaced with PA-9s. The problem for Junkman, if he has one of the recalled units, is that none of them came with the power cord. Hutch

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Found the power cord on ebay with a buy it now price of 99 cents with $3.95 shipping...... problem solved...