• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2018

vintagebike

McCallin' All Cats 2018 Teaser

For Saturday February 24, 2018, miles and miles and miles of trails and a warm fireplace too
IMG_5613.jpg

vintagebike

McCallin' All Cats 2018 Snow Report

Drove up to Little Ski Hill today. On Wednesday Frebruary 21, 2018, we will have the whole hill to ourselves from noon till at least 8PM under the lights. They are planning a special dinner for us and the locals to benefit their after school program. Parking and unload/load should now be easy. A good day to wander up to McCall, check into the hotel and then head to the Hill for trial runs, fix-its and swapping tips and tricks ( wink, wink pirate skiing too). Yep, winter is just around the corner.
IMG_5672.jpg

vintagebike

With 1 foot of new snow overnight and to help kick off the 20017-18 Snow Season, the Idaho Snow Machine Association invited us to bring a vintage Tucker to be front and center Friday and Saturday in McCall for their annual convention. So here today is Lil' Cat, a 1957 Kitten, with a brand new Tucker groomer in the background soon headed to its new owners in Montana ( or maybe Wyoming). That's 60 years of Tuckering. The McCall Vintage Snowcat Club will be announcing the complete McCallin' All Cats 2018 February 21-24 schedule on Sunday, November 5th. "Those in the know" say you really don't want to miss this one. Much more on Sunday. :thewave:
IMG_5766.jpg

vintagebike

Progress?

How is the gas card winning Frandee coming along? It looks like there will be quite a few super rare rigs at McCall this coming February. :walking gator: (thought to be an early sighting of Pontoon Princess’s latest project)

B9ECF892-7E5D-4F24-9BAD-724360D92779.jpeg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
great looking machine, the owner has done a good job, IMHO

not my project, mine is all done, ready to go, FYI, my Frandee has a much bigger cab and was built using a 1926/1927 Model T cowl, different grill, and a rear door...

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got to love tuckers,all aluminum and don't rust much. You can make a mailbox or bus stop and almost last forever.:yum:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Got to love tuckers,all aluminum and don't rust much. You can make a mailbox or bus stop and almost last forever.:yum:

yup, the sole purpose of a tucker sno-cat is to out climb a snow track, pull them out and up the hill:smile5::smile5::smile5:

happy thanksgiving Jim VT, see ya on the snow....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim VT,

Great Idea for Christmas, Tucker Sno-cat mail boxes, bird houses and cat scratching posts, how many do you want???

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Progress?

It's getting there, still a few items to go, but tracks are on and I was able to drive it on Thanksgiving. This photo is from last week when the tracks were just laying on the wheels. I have booked my room for February, looking forward to the adventure.

Attachments

• DSCN3701.jpg
    DSCN3701.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 287

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

It's getting there, still a few items to go, but tracks are on and I was able to drive it on Thanksgiving. This photo is from last week when the tracks were just laying on the wheels. I have booked my room for February, looking forward to the adventure.

so, GMoose, how is the Frandee project coming along? have you been out yet?

vintagebike

McCallin' All Cats 2018 Update

Great to see all the Cat Folks heading back to the Clowder! :walking gator:
Here in McCall there are already 24 rooms booked at the Best Western, well ahead of last year at about 5 weeks out. So if you are on the fence...the snow report is looking much better with my weather guy Joe Bastardi posting that February will be the West’s Winter. I’m driving back to Idaho on Thursday from Northern California and after the culture shock wears off I will be putting all the finishing touches on the particulars for McCallin’ All Cats 2018. There are only about 10 rooms left in our booking block. :bolt:
33025D96-635B-46AB-BB5C-8E23BF70B726.jpeg

Last edited:

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter

Yes I have had it out 3 times now, would have been more but blew the trans seal on tow truck, now the snow has melted, waiting for a storm. I still have a couple of thing left to finish, gauges are still out for repair and the final side emblem is being fabricated for the cowling. Have my reservation for McCall, plan to be there Wednesday afternoon. Looking forward to meeting you.

Attached are some photos from a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• Frandee - Ian.jpg
    Frandee - Ian.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Frandee - Yard.jpg
    Frandee - Yard.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN3712.jpg
    DSCN3712.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 178