• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rock & Roll

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rock & Roll, and it's "Sister" rigs should probably have their own "THREAD". They certainly hold the position of: Most famous Snow-cat Photos historically.

As associate, who attended the big meet at Mt. Hood, stopped me when I was rollerblading on the bike path. I don't remember getting "pulled-over" on the bike Path previously. Anyway, he hands me the attached envelope. Scan.jpg

Dam, it looks like the real deal! The stamp and cancellation look real.
The enclosed letter is on paper too big for my scanner.
[/ATTACH]
HE asked about getting his photo in Rock & Roll.

Attachments

• 20002.jpg
    20002.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Scan.jpg30003.jpg
    Scan.jpg30003.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 227

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Sno-Cat on the envelope would be County of Kent which was the only Tucker that did the crossing with side body windows. Rock n Roll, Haywire and Able had no windows. County of Kent was sent to Antarctica one year before the other three. She was bought and used by New Zealanders after the Trans Antarctic Expedition and met her fate when Lt. Cousins drove her into a 100 foot deep crevasse. He did not survive the fall. Here is a photo of her in the crevasse.

Attachments

• County of Kent in Crevasse.jpg
    County of Kent in Crevasse.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 203

nikos

Dam, it looks like the real deal! The stamp and cancellation look real.
The enclosed letter is on paper too big for my scanner.

HE asked about getting his photo in Rock & Roll.

Attachments

• ROCK N ROLL.jpg
    ROCK N ROLL.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 187