• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac part needed

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have my manuals with me right now, but if you have a parts manual it will give you a code number. My guess is that it will end up being a VW part but I'm not positive of that.

Do you have a manual? If not, I can send you a CD Rom that contains manuals for several years of production. If you need it, send me your address via "PM" and I'll get a disk in the mail to you tomorrow.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I've been digging through manuals, after going through 6 different manuals I cannot even find any reference to the choke cable at all, except on the dashboard layout diagram in the Operators Manuals. But there is no reference to it at all in the Parts Manuals. That said, I have to believe the cable is a VW part.

Aktiv gave a pretty extensive parts listing, but was always very sketchy about the VW engine, and didn't give parts for the engine. Because of that, and because the choke cable is not listed in the parts manuals (at least not anywhere I can find) then I am coming to the conclusion that the part is a VW part. And unfortunately, I don't have that part number.

I'd suggest you take it out and measure the broken cable, then call up some of the VW air cooled engine rebuilders and suppliers to get a part from one of them. Sorry I can't be more help.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
"California Push/Pull" can make you a new replacement one if need be . They are in Chico Calif. You should be able to pull them off the internet and get it shipped to you .