• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snowcat for sale

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I found this snowcat for sale on vacation also it is located in glennallen AK I would not mention it but the price is very low??? 1500$ He said it ran and was used last year??

Attachments

• 100_2632.jpg
    100_2632.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 588

Teeoster

For that $ amount it would be fun just to use out at deer camp! Too bad its so far from Michigan:) If you get a chance see if he would deliver it for a few hundred more:yum:

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ah the nufarious 'RangeMaster'. According to one source these, roughly 8 or 9 hundred, were built for the Military. They are supposed to have a 'taller' or HIGHER 'road gear'. They were a bit more rugged than Thiocol's standard snow machine with heavier grousers, probably for Tundra. These are certainly a fovorite with Hunters. Most of what I learned about them was from a Hunter in Glenellen at the Cafe (Caribou Inn). In the hunting season more 'track rigs' pass buy their front door than probably anywhere else on earth. On a series of successive mounrings I counted at least 8 different machines in their parking lot. 1500 for a rangemaster is a steal! One track is probably worth that much.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So I have to wonder what is wrong with it?

A snowcat in Alaska for $1500?!? There is something else to the story. Like the wife got to keep it in a messy divorce and is selling it cheap just to piss off her ex-husband?

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I do not know much about it other than what I have stated my wife was giving me the evil eye and said if I bought it I would be driving it back to wyoming!!! The tracks did not look that great and it needed work but if someone needs contact info I think I can find it I also have a few more pics if anyone is interested???

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would suggest you post the contact information and the photos. We actually have a lot of members who come here and "lurk" but don't actively post. I'm sure that the information will be useful and appreciated.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was located at the brown bear rhodehouse I was their about a month ago it may still be their the for sale sign said inquire inside their # is 907-822-3663. I have a few more pics of the tracks.

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
I called about the range master,they up'ed the price to 10,000.00. more than i am willing to pay.but i want to thank you for your fast responce with the contact # thanks..... Roughwoods in Alaska.

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
We are still waiting for the rivers to get hard,only 2or3 inches of snow so far but i sure am looking forward to this year.We will be hauling stuff out to Totec lake to build a cabin.Worked on putting in trail last year,but got tierd of camping in a tent.so this year will be spent on the cabin.Do you have any snow yet?

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
No, We do not have any snow yet. I feel sorry about the price of the snow cat I guess he needed money that day or something?????? My wife and I are looking at possibly moving up their thats why we were their. Need to move somewhere where they still get some snow??? Wyoming just is not cutting it anymore. what kind of a snowcat do you own??? snowmobiles are fun but snow cats are warm!!! HA HA

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
Where in Wyo. do you live? We seem to be getting less snow every year up here,but i am hopeing for a deep snow year,sure softens up the trails. We have 2 st4 snow tracs and 1 snow master and 1 st4 parts rig.one has a vw motor,one has a toyota motor,one with no motor in it but i am thinking of maybe putting a volvo motor in it? I have some pic in the photo gallery under r for roughwoods. hope you get snow!
Larry

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I live in Banner WY. I have a Volvo 125QA in my boat I was just thinking about that motor for a snowcat. It is very light and it has 125hp I had the motor out this summer I do not think it weighed over 250lbs??? I could pick it up and slide it around the shop easily. I know their are alot of these motors avail in AK we saw a boat junkyard in anchorage with alot of those bayliners in their. Just a thuoght???:cool2:

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
Kennedy engineered products has adapter kits for volvo four cylinder engines,64-75 B-18, B-20(SIX BOLT) 76+B-21,B21 F(8 BOLT FLYWHEEL)But i am not sure if they make one for the 125QA.There web site is www.kennedyeng.com What was the name of the boat junkyard in Anchorage?Dont have much time for this putter stuff ,got to go ---Larry

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I honestly do not know the name of the boat salvage yard??? When we went to anchorage we just drove around and were tourists. I like junk so a salvage yard is my kind of thing to look at. :cool2: It was over by the bay on the west side I think???:confused: What other projects are you working on??

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
I think a rabbit would be fine under the hood as long as you didnt do any jackrabbit starts!!Hey i have just been trying to get all my gear ready for this winter,putting on a cab rack on one of the st4s,getting my sleads ready, just waiting for the Nenana river to get hard,so we can drive the snow tracs on it.It is 40 miles to the totec lake and we have 3 rivers to cross,the first trip will be with snowmobiles to bring my trac master in to town,i left it out at the lake all summer,will need to do some work to it .then start huleing stuff to the lake to build the cabin.i have a real fun winter ahead of me.
Larry