• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Side Mirrors

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
With all the kids running around my ‘68 442A, I need to try to eliminate as many blind spots as possible. I would like to add some good side mirrors but wondering what to buy and where to get them. Want to stay as true as possible to what might have been used on this machine back in the day. Appreciate any suggestions on what to get and where. Also, should they be heated? Tips on mounting location? Thank you!
b01c4f09bfb19dbf25a76cb1ea161268.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker built these for me as my mounting holes did not line up the same on the doors. Just a suggestion and they weren’t very expensive..if you expand the photo you can see the mirror better

Attachments

• 2828306A-0456-40AF-80B0-A478BEF6332F.jpg
    2828306A-0456-40AF-80B0-A478BEF6332F.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 222

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker built these for me as my mounting holes did not line up the same on the doors. Just a suggestion and they weren’t very expensive..if you expand the photo you can see the mirror better

Nice thank you Tom. Those are nice looking too because they are small. I will look around some more. Thanks for the idea.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
My first Tucker came with some huge mirrors more appropriate for a semi. They were heated, which I suppose is nice, but the mounting was fixed. I envisioned hitting a tree branch and damaging the door, so I pulled them off.

I installed some smaller mirrors that are mounted on arms that would pivot if the mirror contacted something. I would recommend not going with a mirror that didn't have some type of swing away ability.

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
My first Tucker came with some huge mirrors more appropriate for a semi. They were heated, which I suppose is nice, but the mounting was fixed. I envisioned hitting a tree branch and damaging the door, so I pulled them off.

I installed some smaller mirrors that are mounted on arms that would pivot if the mirror contacted something. I would recommend not going with a mirror that didn't have some type of swing away ability.

Thanks BT, that was what I was worried about when looking online. The typical style mirror all seem to be made for Freightliners. I like the idea of smaller too. I will certainly make sure the swivel.

Did a 442 in 1968 have mirrors standard or as an option? If so, I assume they were the long vertical crome style, like a big rig but smaller. Anyone know? Would like to stay true to the machine to the extent possible.