• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SR4 snow trac boiie repair

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
I am working on repairing my st7139bogie frame .added some 1by 1 ¼ angle to stiffen the sides. I will close te ends so not to pick up any trash. The phnololic bearing were shot so I turned out some replacements out of bronze bearing stock. The sleeves are 7/8 5/8 DOM tubing the shackle bolts I threaded 5/8 cold rolled steel. I want to repack the wheel bearing also. With coming and going mite have it ready for next year!

Attachments

• bogie hanger 2.jpg
    bogie hanger 2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 365
  • carrier 1 (1).jpg
    carrier 1 (1).jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 366
  • carrier 1 (2).jpg
    carrier 1 (2).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCN6244 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN6244 (800x600).jpg
    212 KB · Views: 359
  • shafts bearing.jpg
    shafts bearing.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 367

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't forget the rear wheels. Many are now toeing inward when viewed from the front...

The bushings in the rear that let the back wheel float are ususally worn from track tension. Your outer wheel guides in your track will be shiney on just the one side, the outside...

Nice work. Hope you get it up and running soon. Winter is here.

Regards, Kirk

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
(thanks Kert, I will it check it out
I had to buy 20 ft of the tubing to get the 2 ft I needed.
if anyone need any let me know.

We will get snow! got the plates for my trailer so as soon as I get it repaired I be up, first I have a two weeks gig in Ketchikan........ talk about no snow :(

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Your outer wheel guides in your track will be shiney on just the one side, the outside...

I should have said the inside wheel guides in your tracks... not the outsides. It will make the track appear to be wider at the back of the machine as you sight down the edge of the fender.

Regards, Kirk

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Re: SR4 snow trac boggie repair

first I corrected the thread header spelling... :whistling:

I welded up the spring hanger as was worn as they do
built it up with weld and dragged out my old Ammco shaper.
I not much of a Shaper hand but was fun flatting it out
there something about a Shaper. sometimes I just square up a block just to watch it work. And as an old timer told me. you can make anything on a shaper except money!
I drilled out the centering pin new center bolts on the spring and it should be as good or better than new

Attachments

• shaper n.jpg
    shaper n.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 333
  • spring hanger.jpg
    spring hanger.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 333
  • DSCN6373.jpg
    DSCN6373.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 319

Dyna

Great work Steve, now that you are all practiced up, lets see if we can do that again, I know of a S/M that is in dire straits...

ps check out my signature pic.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd love to have a small shaper like that...:biggrin:

If time is of no essence they are killer for lots of things. :wink:

And I have two lathes and a vertical mill already.

Regards, Kirk

SnowTrac Hunter

Dimensions from a set from SnowTrac Nome

Attachments

• Snow Trac Boggie Carriers Dimensions.jpg
    Snow Trac Boggie Carriers Dimensions.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Snow Trac Boggie Carriers Dimensions.pdf
    897.9 KB · Views: 69