• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

USN to 2015 sailors - sit to pee

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That may actually simplify plumbing runs and like it states it allows for flexible berthing for females.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Most houses don't have urinals .... so guys pee off their back porch. :yum:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Heads will be attached to berthing compartments. Currently, many sailors have to traverse a passageway between a berthing and a head, meaning sailors who’ve just woken up have to dress up more for a trip to the head than they would if it were adjacent.
that seems to make sense

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish this had happened about fifty years ago. Cleaning the toilets in the head wasn't a big deal, but those urinals were a
royal pain! Nearly impossible to properly clean, smelly, and, as the article noted, difficult to maintain. Our DC's were doing
repairs on urinals somewhere on the ship every day; the toilets, hardly ever.

This is a change that has no "down side" at all! :biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
tHIS IS NO BIG DAL. EARLY ON IN MY MARRAIGE,I LEARNED TO SIT, PEE AND SHUT UP ABOUT THE TOILET LID.

Navy Brass will bitch an moan, they alwaysdo about every change. But the new grunts will get used to it

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
DAMN!! No more urinals? Now what am I going to do with that stock of urinal pills I just bought? :yum:

urinal target.jpg