• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hawaii, 67 Years Ago

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Red Rockers PT thread reminded me.

I won't ask where you were when you heard. Very few folks left who lived through this.

December 7, 1941

"A Day that will Live in Infamy"

The USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor is "ground zero" where World War II began for the United States. The event where Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto stated: "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant..."
The USS Arizona serves as the final resting place for many of the battleship's 1,177 crew members who lost their lives on December 7, 1941.

U.S.S. Arizona, BB-39

ghautz

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have an uncle who survived the Pearl Harbor attack. He also survived the sinking of his ship in Leyte Gulf. He has some interesting stories to tell.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:tiphat: to all the families who lost a loved one on this day so long ago. :tiphat:

I bet your uncle does have some interesting stories. Midway and Tora Tora Tora gave us an insight as to what went on way back then. It was a different world in those days. Somehow we got through it. Just like we WILL get through this current mess we are in.

HulaMac

My Mom was 10 on that Sunday. She was standing in the doorway of her home near the Pearl Harbor shore where she was shot through her leg. We will never forget...........
ussarizona1wz8.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My Mom was 10 on that Sunday. She was standing in the doorway of her home near the Pearl Harbor shore where she was shot through her leg.
Dang... (and I don't know how to finish that statement).

I was at the USS Arizona about a year ago. Pretty sobering experience. I almost bitch-slapped some Asians at the museum for showing ZERO lack of respect.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Horrible horrible suffering because of that attack.

Also I think Bobcat was 20 when that happened. Bob, do you remember anything? :poke: